Thinking about moving up on the Dream

cruzininga

Hi All

I am currently booked in room 6321 on the 10/09 sailing of the Dream. I am thinking about moving up a deck or two. I dont want to be overlooking the lanai. Is this a good idea?

We were in cabin 6262, I would not stay there again. The cabin was nice, but we hated the view and it was also very noisy from the theater. If you can change your cabin be careful where you change it to - you don't want to be overlooking the hot tubs and you also don't want to be on the smoking side, I've heard people say how awful the smoke can get and then they are not able to enjoy their balcony. Maybe a Cove Balcony is available that you could change to? We really enjoyed our cruise on the Dream, everything was great with the exception of the cabin location.

We were in cabin 6262, I would not stay there again. The cabin was nice, but we hated the view and it was also very noisy from the theater. If you can change your cabin be careful where you change it to - you don't want to be overlooking the hot tubs and you also don't want to be on the smoking side, I've heard people say how awful the smoke can get and then they are not able to enjoy their balcony. Maybe a Cove Balcony is available that you could change to? We really enjoyed our cruise on the Dream, everything was great with the exception of the cabin location.

When you're talking about balcony rooms, it doesn't matter which side of the ship is open-deck smoking. Any balcony room allows smoking, so you could potentially have a 'smoky neighbor' anywhere - the only exception is the spa rooms, which are all non-smoking.

OP - every deck will have some obstruction of the downward view due to the lanai, except for the Cove rooms, which are on deck 2 below the lanai. However, the higher up you go the less of an obstruction the lanai tends to be. But if it were me, I would move up at least one deck.

We cruised on the Dream in 6390 and loved it. It was our first ever balcony cabin, so I don't have anything to compare it to. We were almost right above the ocean plaza outside smoking section and the hot tub and we never were bothered by smoke and noise was not a problem at all. Also, we enjoyed the view, were not bothered by the lanai below. But maybe we were just lucky, I'm sure there is potential there for smoking and noise issues.

If you're able to go up a deck or 2, I would. I was on deck 7 and we still heard a lot of noise from the hot tubs. It wasn't late at night, since they close at 10, but loud during the day or early evening when you're trying to enjoy the balcony.

As always, make sure to check what's above/below you.

Do NOT get a balcony room on deck 10 under the Lido deck. When the chairs are moved on the Lido deck they set up a nasty and loud vibration that will keep you awake at night.

Not only are cruisers using the Lido deck late into the night but then the crew comes along and moves the chairs for cleaning in the middle of the night.

Carnival knows about the problem but continues to sell the rooms so avoid deck 10 under the Lido deck at all costs.

There is no smoking side for balcony cabins. You can smoke on your balcony no matter where you are on the ship.

We were on the lido deck and loved it!! It was so nice not to have to wait for elevators to get to the pool, seaside threatre, buffet etc. Plus our view from the balcony was in no way obstructed. Of course if you look straight down from your balcony you will see the Lanai if you are not in one of the most forward cabins. Just don't look down and you won't even know it is there! I would probably move up at least one deck though cuz people walking by can see a small portion of your balcony.

Look at the deck plan, try to choose a room that is stacked between cabins. Nothing above or below you except cabins.

Archived