Unsure of what to do here.

Thannatos

I have a group of 3 guys. Ages 24, 24, and 25. We're looking for something to do here but are unsure. They want to do things by the water and snorkel/drink, so ruins/tubing are not options, and they really just want to be able to go somewhere and relax/chill for the day. There were a few threads that said there weren't any beaches. I also read some things about Goff's Caye. Are there any beaches we can get a taxi ride to? If so, which ones are the best?

Thanks in advance! :)

Pretty much to do a beach day in Belize you need to take an excursion out to one of the cays offshore. The mainland city area is not really any place you want to "hang out" unless you stay right in the tourist area right as you get off the tender. But that would definately not be the place I would want to hang out.

Check out the ports section waaaay up at the top of the page in the orange band. There is a short blurb on each one that will get you started on what to do. Also check the excursions that the ship offers....they usually have a pretty good overall selection on things to do in each port.

Many people do not like ships excursions - opting to do a private one..... or just diy. But this is one place an excursion - whether private or ship - is pretty much the only way to go.

BTW - the cays are really beautiful - do a web search for Belize Cays and see what pops up.

Hope this helps.

Check out Hammerhead Water Sports, Captain you own boat tour...Check it out here: http://www.coralbreezetours.com/ Click on "Captain your boat" make you reservation with Coral Breeze direct to save bucks, although the ship we were on did not have this on their list. Google "Hammerhead water sports belize" an click on the first Youtube hit, I uploaded 3 short videos under the name "wintergarden2006".

Archived