Wedding Help 4 CCL Liberty =)

Hello everybody,

Planning my wedding on the CCL Liberty in March 2012. I really don't know what to expect like this is our 1st wedding (& hopefully the last :D) and it's on a ship.

From what I've read everything goes by fast but @ the same time is a very memorable moment.

What I mostly want to know is:

Did you bring your silk flowers or purchased the one through Carnivals? I'm mostly going w. silk cuz I want my own n flowers die anyways n it wouldn't be a hassle to keep these for yrs n its cheap.

Also were u able to get off the ship w/ ur piece of cake? I spoke with a CCL rep. that told me no...were u able to?

Something you would have done differently?

Once I book my wedding/cruise I plan on doing an update just to assist future brides on the process.

Thanx for the answers!!

yay another Liberty bride! We're far & few between! I'm getting married Jan. 2011 on the Liberty. I made my own silk flowers instead of purchasing the pricey upgrades for flowers that will die & you can't take off the ship. I don't have any other answers for your questions since I haven't sailed yet, but I'm excited to share our planning together! I'll definitely post a full review w/ pics when we come home. If you have any questions about the planning process so far don't hesitate to ask! Congrats & good luck!! :)

Hello everybody,

Planning my wedding on the CCL Liberty in March 2012. I really don't know what to expect like this is our 1st wedding (& hopefully the last :D) and it's on a ship.

From what I've read everything goes by fast but @ the same time is a very memorable moment.

What I mostly want to know is:

Did you bring your silk flowers or purchased the one through Carnivals? I'm mostly going w. silk cuz I want my own n flowers die anyways n it wouldn't be a hassle to keep these for yrs n its cheap.

Also were u able to get off the ship w/ ur piece of cake? I spoke with a CCL rep. that told me no...were u able to?

Something you would have done differently?

Once I book my wedding/cruise I plan on doing an update just to assist future brides on the process.

Thanx for the answers!!

If we were going to have more guests attend I was going to go with the silk flowers. But since we kept it small and simple no wedding party, I decided just to use the standard flowers (I was married on Royal Caribbean but a cruise wedding on any line has a lot of similarities)

We didn't have a cake very long and ugly story so I can't really answer that...

Something I would have done differently.. I don't know if it is because of all the headaches that I went through with TWE or an old dream that I thought the cruise wedding would satisfy but didn't.

I always wanted to get married on the beach or on a cliff overlooking the beach. I thought getting married outdoors on the cruise ship over looking the water would satisfy that dream but in the end it really didn't...

So what I would do differently would be to get married at one of the ports on the beach... also you get more bang for your buck and its more personalized than going thru a cruise wedding.

Just my 2 cents...

Cruise weddings can be very nice, and they can go very smoothly

Best of Luck

• 2 weeks later...

Thank-you ladies! So far I only have planned that yes I'm making my own silk flowers, entertainment-getting a DJ, who's going to the ceremony, and all the basic stuff.

Swalton85 I can't wait to read your review and I wish you the best of luck on your wedding day, hopefully your wedding is the only one taking place on the ship.

Thank-you ladies! So far I only have planned that yes I'm making my own silk flowers, entertainment-getting a DJ, who's going to the ceremony, and all the basic stuff.

Swalton85 I can't wait to read your review and I wish you the best of luck on your wedding day, hopefully your wedding is the only one taking place on the ship.

Are you planning on getting married ON the ship? I don't think you can bring your own DJ and entertainment! Unless they all pay to go on the cruise, and then you would still HAVE to go through TWE. I think your best bet is to call Carnival directly to find out what, exactly, you can and can't do. Good luck!

Are you planning on getting married ON the ship? I don't think you can bring your own DJ and entertainment! Unless they all pay to go on the cruise, and then you would still HAVE to go through TWE. I think your best bet is to call Carnival directly to find out what, exactly, you can and can't do. Good luck!

When I said DJ I was talking about the ship's DJ even though @ this point I just want them to lend us their equipement n I'll set up my IPOD to the music we'll enjoy. I've already spoken w/ Carnival's wedding department I'm just waiting until when we are ready to book everything. Thanx!

• 3 weeks later...

I am planning a wedding during our Carnival Liberty cruise. I just booked the cruise and my first attempt to talk with wedding planners wasn't that good. I'll try again. We hope to get married at St. Thomas, they have 3 options for weddings on the island(as I read). I would like to know details of the 3 before picking wich one. And I'm still waiting to get our numbers of who is coming, we may have 30 people.

Any advice or what you've learned would help. thanks in advnace.

When I said DJ I was talking about the ship's DJ even though @ this point I just want them to lend us their equipement n I'll set up my IPOD to the music we'll enjoy. I've already spoken w/ Carnival's wedding department I'm just waiting until when we are ready to book everything. Thanx!

I doubt that the ship's DJ will "lend" you their equipment! You can give him a CD of your favorite music, but no way will a ship's DJ allow you to handle that equipment on your own! Good luck, anyway!

Archived