San Juan How early boarding?

We are going on the Serenade in december, we plan on going into San Juan the day before she sets sail. My question is: (About) What time can we start to board the ship? If we stay at the hotel until noon, would we be hitting a ton of people trying to board? Just wondering what worked best for some of you. Thanks!

We are going on the Serenade in december, we plan on going into San Juan the day before she sets sail. My question is: (About) What time can we start to board the ship? If we stay at the hotel until noon, would we be hitting a ton of people trying to board? Just wondering what worked best for some of you. Thanks!

Boarding will commence at approximately 11:30-12 noon. Just depends when the Port Authorities open the doors.

In April we arrived at the port at around 11:15 and only had to wait about 20 minutes before the doors opened and check in began.

Once on the ship, rooms are not available for access until 1PM.

We finished our breakfast early in old san juan and had checked out early, so we ended up getting there at 11AM. The line was forming, but didn't move until 11:30AM. Once it started moving we were on the ship in 7 minutes.

Just a note: The line forms outside. It was a very hot day, and standing in line outside for a half hour isn't exactly fun. A woman behind us had to sit on the ground and pour water on her head because she felt so sick. There was a man selling water and soda outside... but I would highly recommend arriving after 11:30 to avoid the wait.

Can you go to the diamond lounge waiting area as soon as you arrive no matter how early it is? (Obviously within reason, of course... maybe around 10:30 or 11?)

There is no Diamond Lounge in the terminal. Everyone waits outside. They do have a special line for D/D+ guests and possibly suite guests as well. But both lines will enter at the same time when the doors open.

Was onboard by noon when I was there last. I think we were outside chatting with folks for about 45 minutes before hand, but it was fun.

It's always rather amusing to be aboard the ship with only a few people for a little while.

We've boarded 3 times in San Juan and we choose a slightly different approach. We ask our hotel for a late checkout, have lunch .... start the party :D, then get to the pier 1:30 - 2:00. We breeze thru boarding, no waiting for cabins and we are poolside before we know it! :)

This will be our first cruise out of PR and I thought with the 8:30 departure that getting on the ship would be later. We usually get on at 11 for cruises leaving at 5. So if I hear this right, we can still get on at 11, right?

We've boarded 3 times in San Juan and we choose a slightly different approach. We ask our hotel for a late checkout, have lunch .... start the party :D, then get to the pier 1:30 - 2:00. We breeze thru boarding, no waiting for cabins and we are poolside before we know it! :)

That's a nice idea!!!

Well, I will make sure I won't get in too early. Thanks for the information!

Gabrielle

Last year we were almost 1st in line and waited about 30 minutes. This time will be stay at the beach all morning and then head to the terminal around 2. I was told that way you just walk on in with out lines..

We were at the port before noon and onboard the ship within 20 mins. Although the cabins were not ready until close to 1pm, we were allowed to drop off our carry-ons and proceed to the Windjammer for lunch.

Leaving port at 8pm makes for a long day, compared to ones that depart at 4 or 5pm.

Karen

This will be our first cruise out of PR and I thought with the 8:30 departure that getting on the ship would be later. We usually get on at 11 for cruises leaving at 5. So if I hear this right, we can still get on at 11, right?

For our two RC cruises out of SJ we showed up at the Pan Am cruise terminal at around 11am and were onboard by noon. For our Regal Princess Panama Canal cruise out of SJ we there at 11am but weren't able to board until around 1pm but that was because there was a problem with the ship clearing US customs and immigration thus the disembarkation had been delayed. The cruiseline won't let you on until the ship is cleared and all of the previous cruise paxs are off.

All of these cruise left later in the evening, 8PM or later.

Archived