Doc dance - WOOHOO

cru1s1ng

My travel docs came yesterday :D !!! I am certainly impressed with the faux leather folder. My last carnival tickets came in a paper one. Hal is a step above already.

I'd been having a bit of worry over My 'H' guarantee (after hearing the good and bad about a guarantee from the gracious CC posters). Yesterday I called HAL and upgraded myself to a 'C' on the verandah deck. It took some talking. HAL's rep went through the G - D cabins. I explained I would be perfectly happy in a H and didn't see the need to pay for those others, as they were essentially the same thing (all on main or A decks) and I was just as likely to end up in one of those with my guarantee.

She was reluctant to give me the C on verandah because it is a 'triple' and I am solo this time. She really wanted me to buy C on the lower promenade (DEFINATLY did not want to be there because of the privacy issue). She was very nice about the whole thing. I finally asked, nicely, 'Is there someone else you can ask about me giving HAL more money and putting me in that cabin?' After a minute on hold, the answer came back yes. Confirmed C on the verandah. What a deal.

Seven weeks to go until 3/31/05 Maasdam.

My travel docs came yesterday :D !!! I am certainly impressed with the faux leather folder. My last carnival tickets came in a paper one. Hal is a step above already. I'd been having a bit of worry over My 'H' guarantee (after hearing the good and bad about a guarantee from the gracious CC posters). Yesterday I called HAL and upgraded myself to a 'C' on the verandah deck. It took some talking. HAL's rep went through the G - D cabins. I explained I would be perfectly happy in a H and didn't see the need to pay for those others, as they were essentially the same thing (all on main or A decks) and I was just as likely to end up in one of those with my guarantee. She was reluctant to give me the C on verandah because it is a 'triple' and I am solo this time. She really wanted me to buy C on the lower promenade (DEFINATLY did not want to be there because of the privacy issue). She was very nice about the whole thing. I finally asked, nicely, 'Is there someone else you can ask about me giving HAL more money and putting me in that cabin?' After a minute on hold, the answer came back yes. Confirmed C on the verandah. What a deal. Seven weeks to go until 3/31/05 Maasdam.

Just curious - does a "C" on the Veranda Deck have a balcony/verandah? Also, they look on the deck plan to be very forward. Anyone out there ever stay in one of these? As you know we loved the Lower Prom. C room, but this might be an alternative.

Hi Linda. The 'C' on the verandah does not have a balcony. My main concern was having a window that people could see in. Some people said they could see in, some said they couldn't. As I enjoy feeling the motion being that far forward won't be a problem. This cabin is also steps from the elevators, a large outside area forward and the stairs up to the lido deck. This should be a quiet cabin. The main show lounge is below and above are officers quarters. I'll report back how it was. I think I may have spent too much time studying the deck plans. :D

Hi Linda. The 'C' on the verandah does not have a balcony. My main concern was having a window that people could see in. Some people said they could see in, some said they couldn't. As I enjoy feeling the motion being that far forward won't be a problem. This cabin is also steps from the elevators, a large outside area forward and the stairs up to the lido deck. This should be a quiet cabin. The main show lounge is below and above are officers quarters. I'll report back how it was. I think I may have spent too much time studying the deck plans. :D

Have a great cruise! Thanks for the info. Report in when you return and let us know how you liked the cabin. Especially interested in hearing about the "large outside area forward." Wish I could sneak away and join the cruise!

Archived