Galaxy 7/15 Med 10 day

mason525

We are trying to choose a European cruise for this July. Right now it is between this Galaxy crusie, the Constellation's Northern Europe(14 day) & the Golden Princess's Western Europe/British Isles(10 day-actually like this itinerary best but don't like Princess as much as X).

I know that they don't seem very alike but each has pluses & minuses. The biggest drawback to the Galaxy is that only Inside cabins are available. Any thoughts on the chances of getting a better cabin closer to sailing? Just did a cruise on the Summit & LOVED the ship. Will we be let down by Galaxy? Is the DR food as good as Summit's?

Thanks for any help. Meg

I have been on the Constellation and am going on the cruise after yours..the 11 day Med on the Galaxy. We have done the Med before so this time we are interested in Greece and Turkey! I think there are outsides available...why not join us?

Thanks for your suggestion but, we are going to travel when our kids are in summer programs so we do not have flexibility on our dates. Definately liked your itinerary better. Did a Seadream cruise last year & there are some duplicate ports on my 10 day. Hope to get to Istanbul sometime. Thanks again.Meg

The mid-July sailing of the Constellation is in the British/Fjordswestern Europe....the sailing before and after our the typical Baltic one's. We have gone on the Galaxy and also the sister ships to the Constellation(summit and millie) and must say I for one prefer the M-class ships with the Specialty restauants and the Agua spas and cafe. Also the advantage to the Celebrities cruises are 14 day vs 10 day, also the air is cheaper and more airlines fly into ther London airports that fly into Copenhagen, where their ship leaves from

We have also done a Princess cruise in Europe many year ago, before being purchase by Carnival and had a very nice time. Have cruised princess since and have found it very disappointing, so I do not feel we will cruise that company again, unless we go to Alaska again(they and Hal have the rights to go to Glacier Bay, which I want to cruise next time we are there)

We really enjoyed th Fjords when we did that cruise...we went Geyranger...I am not sure of the spelling. I agree with you on Princess. We absolutely used to LOVE the line. We went all the time! The last ship I was on was a Christmas sailing on the Dawn. Then It was bought by Carnival and I haven't been ,but my friends who always go with us said it was TERRIBLE! I know...we are schedualed to go on the Liberty this coming Christmas,however I am ever hopeful...it is a new ship and we are going with a group of friends and family! I do not expect luxury,but I am sure we will have loads of fun!

Archived