Captain Marvin's Tour

NewfieCruisers

We went with the 1/2 day tour with Marvin's in Nov and had a great time. We stopped at Coral Gardens to snorkel (I believe it's called Coral Gardens anyway), then Stingray City, then Barrier Reef to snorkle some more. Here are our pictures from that day in case you want to see:

http://community.webshots.com/album/228717245kgkGMW

We also purchased the DVD for $66 and it was worth every penny! FYI they took a credit card.

I'm going to Cozumel in November and would love to get away from the huge crush of people going on excursions from the ship. I went a couple years ago and I didn't realize so many people could fit on a boat...it was crazy!

Can someone please tell me how much Capt Marvin's tour costs these days?

How many people are in a tour? I am traveling with a group of 8 and would love the chance for a 'family tour' if at all possible.

http://www.captainmarvins.com/

This is the website for Captain Marvin's. Go to that page and click on "snorkel trips" and it will show the times and pricing. If I remember correctly, there were 27 passengers, 2 crew members, and 1 videographer on our tour. So 30 all together. I have heard they usually have less passengers than that, but we went during a busy Thanksgiving week when the cruise ships were booked solid.

murphy...we did the 1/2 day, which was from 10:00-1:00. We had to be at the office to check in by 9:15 I believe (it's about a 10 minute walk to the office from the pier), and our bus left at 9:30 in order to get to the boat at 10:00. We were back at the office by 1:30. The 1/2 day has 3 stops, as opposed to the short exursion, which only has 2 stops. It was only $5 more per adult and $2 more per child to do the 1/2 day, and it was worth it! Glad you enjoyed the pictures, hope it gave you some idea of what to expect. :)

We just got back and went with Capt. Marvin. I would highly recommend him. His guides are excellent there were only 14 people in our group and we were on a very clean beautiful boat. All 14 had wonderful things to say after the trip. The guides are very patient and show you exactly how to snorkel and explain everything in detail. I would definitely book with Capt. Marvin you will not be dissapointed this is first class all the way and the trip with Capt. Marvin --they were the highlight of our cruise

Great pictures, what type of camera did you use?

What time did your cruise ship get to GC? We arrive at 8:00 and I'm worried that we won't make it to Captain Marvin's by 9:15.

Our ship arrived at 7:30, but we weren't off the ship until 8:30. It's only a short walk to the office, from the pier go across the street and go left, the office will be down the street around the corner on the right. You should be okay if you make sure to be the first ones off the ship. I know they supposedly make you wait to tender if you aren't on a ship's excursion, but take a copy of your email proving you have an early tour and they should let you off in the first group too.

Great pictures, what type of camera did you use?

I just realized I never answered your question about the camera :eek: We used Fuji 27 exp water cameras in the water ($7.99 at Wal-Mart), and a Sony digital on the boat and on land. If you use water cameras, make sure to write your name on them in permanent marker. We saw many others with the same cameras.

• 3 years later...
Just tried to book and afternoon Stingray and Island Tour with Nativeway however they dont offer it and suggested Captain Marvins. Has anyone done this tour? Thanks

We also have used Cap'n Marvin in Grand Cayman. In 2005 on the Galaxy. Had a great time. The guys on the boat were really good. Stingray City was a real blast for us.

I have some pics though they're not very good pics. Used an underwater camera (from Walgreens) and apparently, I didn't know how to use it very well :)

Cap'n Marvin has been doing this forever (almost) so you'll be safe & have a good time.

pics: http://community.webshots.com/user/aebragg

And if you want to read my journal for that Galaxy cruise: http://www.sysnnet.com/My%20Cruise%20Experience.doc

Alan & Regina

Archived