Zuiderdam cabin question

diablob

Does anyone know if cat VH has a bathtub and/or shower. Are there any balconies which don't have a bathtub on the Zuiderdam.

If VH is the bottom priced verandah cabin, then I believe it has only a shower, is towards the front of the ship on a lower deck and has a metal railing. I believe there are only four of them on the Vista ships. We booked one on the Oosterdam and got an upgrade to a VA, regular and quite wonderful verandah cabin. This happens, particularly when there are so few VH cabins and they become the "loss leader" pricing for verandah cabins, unless you booked a guaranteed VH. However, maybe this is different on the Zuiderdam even though they are both Vista class ships, there can be some variations.

As SwissMyst suggests, only 4 VH. On Zuiderdam, all just have showers, all have the steel balcony rail - not the see through plexiglass.

Someone will be assigned to those cabins. If you book a VH guarantee, it could be you - but the odds are against it.

I have no idea what the price difference would be on your sailing, but I always recommend looking at a VD guarantee instead. VH and some VF have the steel railings; the rest of the VF and the VE have shallower than usual balconies (4.5 feet instead of 6 feet.) VD cabins have a *deeper* than usual balcony - 7.5 feet instead of 6 feet. VC, VB, VA are all considered "better" locations, but higher decks don't cut any ice with me. But, they'll all have tubs, all have plexiglass rails, and all have balconies at least 6 feet deep. (Some of the stern facing VA and VB cabins also have balconies which are deeper than 6 feet.)

Archived