Lost my wife & best friend after Cruise

radioguy54

I am so sorry for your loss. About ten years ago my husband, sister and myself took my Mom and Dad on their first cruise. From that beginning we took a cruise every year until last summer. Mom died of diabetes complications and Dad passed away 29 days later. There is no way to express how much those memories hold.

I know you will always look back at your cruise with a fond heart. I hope your son takes you on many more cruises. Take care.

Carol

My wife and I took our first cruise June 14, 2010 aboard the Inspiration to Grand Cayman and Cozumel...It was our 32 wedding anniversary...To begin with I never dreamed she would get on a ship, but with coaxing from me and my son, she decided to go...We went with my son, daughter in law and 2 grandchildren...From the time we boarded in Tampa, until we returned we had the best time on any trip in all our years together..Although she had to use an electric scooter to get around, she had a blast! On Sunday afternoon August 8th she lost a 10 year battle with diabetes...I am so thankful God allowed us that time together and so glad Carnival made her trip so memorable..I will always cherish that week on the Caribbean...We were actually already planning another cruise in May 2011...Just wanted to share this, you may have been on board that week, as hard as it is now our

cruise was a big highlight in our 32 year marriage! I just hope your next cruise will be as special to you as this was to us.

I am so sorry for your loss!!! It is so difficult to loose your loved one. I am so glad that you made these wonderful memories. They will someday be a comfort for you. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sorry for your loss. It's wonderful that you had that great experience together. It's a magical thing, taking that first cruise and experiencing the freedom of it. So while it's bittersweet, thank you for sharing this with us.

My wife and I took our first cruise June 14, 2010 aboard the Inspiration to Grand Cayman and Cozumel...It was our 32 wedding anniversary...To begin with I never dreamed she would get on a ship, but with coaxing from me and my son, she decided to go...We went with my son, daughter in law and 2 grandchildren...From the time we boarded in Tampa, until we returned we had the best time on any trip in all our years together..Although she had to use an electric scooter to get around, she had a blast! On Sunday afternoon August 8th she lost a 10 year battle with diabetes...I am so thankful God allowed us that time together and so glad Carnival made her trip so memorable..I will always cherish that week on the Caribbean...We were actually already planning another cruise in May 2011...Just wanted to share this, you may have been on board that week, as hard as it is now our

cruise was a big highlight in our 32 year marriage! I just hope your next cruise will be as special to you as this was to us.

First, I would like to express my sincere condolences for your loss. It will be two years ago in Sept. that I lost my mother and my dad lost his wife of 42 years to pancreatic cancer after a 18 month battle. My mother LOVeD cruising not only with my father but with her grandchildren and daughters as well. We have many wonderful memories of cruising together that will last a lifetime. This past April was my father's (and our) first cruise without my mother and it was bittersweet. We're talking about another next summer.

Life does go on but there are memories to get us through those sad, lonely days. Wishing you wonderful cruising memories for you and your family that will last a lifetime.

My deepest condolences to you and your family. Your story really struck a cord with me and I'm finding that I can't stop crying. My father has diabetes and every day is a struggle for him to manage it. We took him & mom on their first cruise in January and they loved it. We are all cruising again on the Inspiration in October. It's difficult to watch the struggle and watch the slow deterioration of a once very active healthy man. Thank you so much for sharing your story. It reminds me that every day is a gift and should be cherished!

So Sorry for your loss. I am glad you were able to have such wonderful memories with your wife and family on the cruise. For our 20th anniversary, we invited my parents to come along and we took our 2 children as well. I am so glad we did because now, 1 year later, my dad is battling lymphoma and who knows what is going to happen. I have a scrapbook I made and pictures of our cruise together on a digital photo frame. Everytime I see those pictures, it brings me comfort when I remember how much fun we had. Your post is so important for everyone to stop and realize how little time we may have left with those we love. Cherish those times and make wonderful memories with them. Thank you for sharing.

I'm happy you had this wonderful time together. You now have even more great memories to cherish. Diabetes is a horrible disease. I lost my Father 11 months ago from complications of diabetes. My heart goes out to you. I pray you'll continue to smile as you remember your wife and that wonderful cruise you shared with your family.

Take that cruise in 2011. Her memory will be all around you .

God Bless .

When I first clicked on this thread, I thought it was going to be a funny thread. I thought you had done something to anger your wife and your best friend. Whoa!

I am very sorry for your loss. I step back and reflect on the words you have written. I am thankful for every day I awaken and I am blessed to see my wife beside me.

God bless you in your time of sorrow.

Lee

Thanks for your words Op..helps us all to hear about how precious it all is..the joys and the sorrows..sounds like you are ok and getting through it..and talking and communicating any way you can is what is best for many..

Deepest of sympathy...

I am sure your partner's memory and example shines for many from the way you described her joy...

Tears here too..prayers and regards..sjn911.

I am so sorry for your loss. It is great to have such wonderful memories of the cruise to keep in your heart. Your story is a great example of how we need to cherish the time we have and how all the arguments are not worth the time they take from us all.

I'm very sorry for your loss radioguy, as I'm sure all of your fellow CC friends are. Your wife sounds like a very special person. Thank you for sharing your very special memories with us all. God does work in mysterious ways, and you truly were given one of the most meaningful gifts to be able to spend that precious time together when you least expected it. I wish you lots more special memories in life, and hope that your pain eases very soon.

I'll be in Grand Cayman in a couple of weeks, and will say a special prayer for you and your family while I'm there. :-)

Congratulations on your long, happy marriage. My condolences on your wife's passing.

I am sure that your wife's last few months were her happiest. Continue to cherish the memories of you wife as I am sure that she is looking down on you with nothing but happiness in her heart.

Archived