Viking Pride Winter Sojourn 12/19/10

trvlgrl2009

• 4 weeks later...

Hi - our group is booked on the Pride, Passau to Budapest, leaving on 12-12. I have searched these boards and find very little on Viking! We are new to river cruising and I am wondering why there are no comments on Viking ? !!

We got a very good price and will make our own good time.We usually research stops. Perhaps having nothing to compare to will be a plus !

Linda

• 3 weeks later...

Not booked yet, but have my travel agent working on a Danube (Passau to Budapest) cruise with Viking. They have excellent deals for repeat customers, so we can't pass it up.

My husband and I sailed through France with Viking on back to back cruises in 2009. It was our first river cruise experience and we loved it. Very different from ocean cruising! Viking does a wonderful job with the tours and the service on board was excellent. Not much on entertainment, but we were pretty much ready to relax a bit then turn in after dinner. Lots of activity during the day made us tired by 9 PM! Being in port every day with no at sea days like the ocean cruises, I didn't miss the evening activities at all.

We may end up on your cruise, Linda! Looking forward to seeing the Christmas Markets.:D

We are on the Viking Sky Dec 4, Budapest to Passau. Wish we could all find some others going with us; seems we're all going to the same places on different cruises! Travelchickie, the average age of river cruisers is older than ocean cruises. My husband and I were among the youngest when we went to France, and we are in our mid 50's. One other couple around our age and a 20 something with her mom, everyone else was older. We had a wonderful time and met some great people. The older age of our fellow cruisers was not a problem.

You'll have a great time! River cruising is the best way to see these places.

Hi Barb! I did find some people going on our cruise on the Viking Facebook page. They are in their 50s and we are in our 30s but we're open to visiting with any age groups! We are just so excited to go and wanted to find some others going since we'll be there during Christmas! :)

Archived