Anyone do "Explore & Discover" on Glory Tours?

StonePara

Based on the great reviews I read here for Glory Tours, I signed up to do the "Explore and Discover Barbados" tour when the Serenade is in port on Sept. 28th. I picked it because I wanted to swim with the turtles and snorkel, but I didn't want to go to Harrison's Cave (I'm very claustrophobic). But now I'm a little concerned reading the description of this tour, because it looks like the whole thing -outside of the water portion - is driving around looking at beaches.:rolleyes:

Has anyone done this tour? Can you tell me if it's fun and involves more than driving from beach to beach (none of which I believe we actually relax on). Also, (second question), does Sarah include drinks in the tour? (such as beer, rum punch and water). I emailed her these questions, but she hasn't answered. Thanks for any details!

We have did the tour with Sarah (actually Quammie her lead guide) in January and yes you drive around the whole island so there is a lot of driving and not a ton of beach time. She does provide water and lunch with a soft drink at the Sand Dunes...try the flying fish it is delicious. We certainly enjoyed the tour, the island has a lot of history and it extremely interesting. We would certainly do the tour again.

Archived