flight out of Amsterdam

Peteymil

Is 9:30 am too early a flight to catch out of Amsterdam on the day we arrive back in port?

Depends to the destination - like you need to change your flight in Paris (Intra-Schengen-area) you need less time than you need to change your flight in London or flyling directly back to the US/Canada (Extra-Schengen area)

Furthermore you need to know when the ship should arrive in port.

After knowing this it's easier to give you an advise.

Regards

HeinBloed

Depends to the destination - like you need to change your flight in Paris (Intra-Schengen-area) you need less time than you need to change your flight in London or flyling directly back to the US/Canada (Extra-Schengen area)

Furthermore you need to know when the ship should arrive in port.

After knowing this it's easier to give you an advise.

Regards

HeinBloed

The Celebrity constellation is scheduled to arrive at 5:00 am. The 9:30 flight I was looking at goes to US, but I have not booked anything yes, so it's also possible I could go through somewhere like Dublin on Aer Lingus.

The Celebrity constellation is scheduled to arrive at 5:00 am. The 9:30 flight I was looking at goes to US, but I have not booked anything yes, so it's also possible I could go through somewhere like Dublin on Aer Lingus.

09.30 hrs

means that you need to be at the airport

08.00 hrs for Ireland (Extra-Schengen-area)

07.30 hrs for US (maybe with extra checks)

So normally if you get at 07.00 hrs in a cab and carried all your bags yourself you should be fine and your ship is right on time in port.

A little later would be safer.

Regards

HeinBloed

09.30 hrs

So normally if you get at 07.00 hrs in a cab and carried all your bags yourself you should be fine and your ship is right on time in port.

Regards

HeinBloed

Thank you so much!

09.30 hrs

Regards

HeinBloed

Thank you so much!

Peteymil ~ We were on the Baltic cruise early this July. I know we docked early back in Amsterdam - think we were scheduled for 4:30am. I was up a lot that night - wanted to see us go through the locks - because of the delayed sailing due to noro we were at dinner during some of the locks. I again missed the locks, woke up before 5am and we were docked already!

They also sent around a disembarkment sheet asking about flight times so I'm sure they accomodated those with early fights.

Aer Lingus - we flew round trip to Amsterdam with a change at Dublin - UGH!!! Just be aware both ways we had to go through customs in Dublin and then also go through security again! Going we had plenty of time but coming home it was tight! We got to the gate as they were boarding our flight. Both times it was a long walk full of stairs (up and down) so it wasn't "fun" with our carry-ons. Going we could use some elevators (maybe 3) but on way home we just couldn't take the time! Dublin security also requires umbrellas be out of your bag so be warned if you have any in carry-ons!! It was a pain trying to re-pack carry-ons, get shoes on, etc.

Also the Dublin to Amsterdam leg required us to board the plane fromt he ground - the old fashioned way! So up the stairs we had to carry our carry-ons!

I think being prepared for all this would have made our trip easier! Dublin has a duty-free shop so we bought 2 bottles of wine for use on the ship. Then we found we would have to carry them up the stairs!! If we had known we would have waited until Amsterdam!!

We only took Aer Lingus (with the plane change) because they were having a sale and we save about $700 all together - so I can't complain - but it was a pain! (My checked bag was also lost but I know that could happen with any airline - I don't think it ever made the first plane!!)

Just wanted you to know our story so you could be more prepared to make a decision!!

Have a great cruise - ours was fabulous!!!!!

• 5 weeks later...
The flight would be 9:45 from Amsterdam to Zurich, then connecting to US. If we don't take that one, we have to wait until the next day (due to using free points)-I'm still conflicted.

Your flight to Zurich is an intra-Schengen-flight. So just inspection of your cabin baggage but no passport control (will follow in Zurich).

If you have your boarding pass ready:

07.30-07.45 hrs from the ship in a taxi on a weekday

07.45-08.00 hrs on a weekend

that would be fine to manage your flight.

Regards

HeinBloed

Your flight to Zurich is an intra-Schengen-flight. So just inspection of your cabin baggage but no passport control (will follow in Zurich).

If you have your boarding pass ready:

07.30-07.45 hrs from the ship in a taxi on a weekday

07.45-08.00 hrs on a weekend

that would be fine to manage your flight.

Regards

HeinBloed

Thank you for being so speedy with a reply. I knew i could count on you!!

Archived