Hotel Suggestions for Ft.Lauderdale

Murphy&Bailey

My husband & I will be sailing on the Emerald Princess for 10 days in January. Can anyone suggest a hotel to stay in Ft. Lauderdale that has a shuttle to the Emerald Princess and has either reasonable parking rates or free parking for the 10 days. Thank you for your help.

I am cruising through that period but doing the 20 day. I just called tonight and spoke with Hilton Garden in Dania which is about 5 miles from the airport. I got a deal for 161.00 for senior rate, but the cruise package to leave the car was 197.48 and you can leave the car up to 21 nights. I have never stayed there but live in FL and going on a road trip to check this place out. I have stayed at the Embassy and inquired of there price to leave the car but don't have the details since it was a long time ago. Don't want to mis inform you but they did offer once upon a time and it was a wash out at that time compared to the port price.

http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en/gi/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=FLLFHGI

Sorry this is all I have at the moment since I am working on the same thing. I have no experience at the Hilton Garden there but willing to ride there and see if it's comparable to the Embassy with or without the parking. Sounds good to me so far. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks BLamantini for the quick response. The hotel sounds very interesting and looks very nice from the link you posted. Please let me know if you do take a trip there what you think. Where in Florida do you live? We live in central Florida in Citrus County which is on the west coast. It takes us about 5 hours to get to Ft Lauderdale. It is very hard for us to take a road trip to check anything out because my Mother lives with us and she can not be left alone.

My husband is also interested in taking the cruise connection which is a bus. Have you ever taken that?

Also thank you to SimiVAlley Pioneer. I will also look into your suggestion.

Thanks,

Carol:)

Archived