Just made our final payment - now it's time for the extras:-)

ocnmeg

I am so ridiculously excited for this cruise! It's our first cruise -Explorer of the Seas out of Cape Liberty to Bermuda 10/23, to celebrate my son's 18th bday. Have a balcony cabin booked, now it's time for the extras. It's a 5 night with 2 days in Bermuda (thought we'd start with a small one), although I'm looking at a longer one in May solo for my bday:-) So what are the "must see" places in Bermuda for such a short stay? Any tips for EOS? I've been lurking and occasionaly posting on CC for a while, so I know that CC is the best source of info:-) Thanking all of you in advance - happy cruising!:)

I have a few reviews in my signature. You can ask any questions you might have. cruisedivanj atyahoo.

Explorer: Dont miss dinner in Portofino if you can. Dont miss being on the highest deck/forward going under the Verrazano for sail away. Dont miss the scavenger hunt game show called The QUEST [check your cruise compass every night].

Bermuda: get a transportation pass for the ferry and bus system. You can purchase it on board at guest relations so you dont waste time (& cash) purchasing them on the dock at Kings wharf. To get to Horseshoe bay beach or any of the beaches on the South Shore take the Pink #7 bus. The bus driver will answer all questions. Print out a map of bermuda beaches. Your other Bermuda day take the ferry to St Georges then Hamilton.

Enjoy !

At Kings Wharf, there is an old fort that you can walk around in. On the inside they have a couple of swimming pools with dolphins. You can swim with the dolphins or just look at them. It was $10 the last time we were there. Near to the fort is an area that includes artists and their work.

Hamilton is a great area to visit with lots of shops and eating places.

I am so ridiculously excited for this cruise! It's our first cruise -Explorer of the Seas out of Cape Liberty to Bermuda 10/23, to celebrate my son's 18th bday. Have a balcony cabin booked, now it's time for the extras. It's a 5 night with 2 days in Bermuda (thought we'd start with a small one), although I'm looking at a longer one in May solo for my bday:-) So what are the "must see" places in Bermuda for such a short stay? Any tips for EOS? I've been lurking and occasionaly posting on CC for a while, so I know that CC is the best source of info:-) Thanking all of you in advance - happy cruising!:)

One of the most beautiful beaches is Horseshoe Bay. You can get there by bus. Go early

http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Europe/United_Kingdom/Other/Bermuda/photo314721.htm

A GREAT excursion you can do on your own,

http://jessiejames.bm/

Those are the two things I would do. :D

We took a bus to John Smith's Bay. It was small but pretty beach with lots of shade.

St. George (where ships no longer dock, sadly) is really nice, with lots of history. We took a walk to the Unfinished Church for some really great pictures. Continue past Unfinished Church for a great beach with a fort (forget the name), but it was beautiful.

Don't forget the Swizzle Inn. :D

DSCN1933.jpg.de18fd9dfb4f15c1ae162558b88ab1a3.jpg

DSCN1751.jpg.d58839b0d7473e19088d9e33a827d245.jpg

DSCN1768.jpg.c966be8ee5a33ea98cf346d0729bca6a.jpg

DSCN1923.jpg.3780b8aa7793871f79c335ac33d475e0.jpg

Archived