Disney 4 day cruise or rccl 7 day cruise?

xtrmegee

Please help! We are trying to decide between a Disney 4 day Cruise on the Magic or a RCCL 7 day cruise on the Liberty of the Seas - they are the same price. Traveling with us will be 3 kids: 9 mos old, 8 years old, 10 years old. I want to do a Disney cruise once in my life but should I wait until the 9 mos old will be old enough so I can leave her in the Children's Program so that I can enjoy it better?

We also plan on 3-5 days at Disney World. Will we be Disney'd out?

When are you planning on going?

Disney has a nursery for the 9 month old. Liberty will be getting a nursery when it goes in for a dry dock early 2011.

I personally would go for the longer cruise. But traveling with children is always a challenge, so shorter may be better.

As the previous poster stated Disney does have a nursery to provide child care for the 9 month old. There is a fee and you are limited on how many hours a day you can use it. I think if you are going to do a Disney cruise I would do it now while the two older kids will enjoy it. I also do not think you will be Disney'd out. The cruise experience is completely different from the Park experience.

If you really want to do Disney, I would do it now, only due to the age of your kids. Disney is nice, but with the price and length, 7 day is better. You can prebook 10 hrs. of care for your 9 month old. Once you get onboard, you may be able to book more. It all depends upon what is available.

My other thought is cabins. Are you comparing same size cabins? With 5 people, are you getting connecting cabins or a suite? A pack and play does take up more space than one would think. I did like Disney due to having larger cabins and the bathroom set up.

Hi we were lucky enough to do a 7 day Rc cruise on the freedom of the seas and at the end of our trip to Florida a 4 day Disney cruise.

Our girls are 13 & 14 and we really thought the RC cruise would suit them better and after in the past cruiseing Disney we thought it would give us a change also lets face it Disney prices are higher compared to RC.

Anyway without a shadow of doubt Disney won hands down we like to holiday and spend time as a family but also understand that we all like different things so to cater to everyones needs is sometimes tricky.

the childrens clubs on RC we felt were very dissapointing Our girls are easy to please even though they are teens !!:D but they were just not engaged where Disney even though they were in the older group could not have done more to make sure they were having fun.

Your 8 & 10 year old will have an amazing time as will your little one the shows are stunning the service in the restaurants we have found have always been brilliant and everything just has that Disney feel that surpasses other ships and crew.

Saying that we did enjoy our RC cruise but I would rather pay a little more and cruise with the mouse;).

Hopefully they might offer some free child places thats what we were lucky to get in Feb both the girls went free hence us being able to do the cruise. good luck in your planning

cornish pixie x

Archived