Need Expert Advice to Correct My Mistake

martyap

We successfully bid on the Marriott Stellaris for March 17th but decided to arrive in PR on the 16th instead. Priceline's price had gone up considerably so I decided to go through the bidding again and take my chances. Accidentaly I added zone 7 to my choice and received the Wyndham Rio Mar in Rio Grande for the 16th.

Not what I wanted but I'm trying to work around my blunder. My plan is to rent a car from Hertz at the airport on arrival.....drive to Rio Grande for my stay at the Wyndham.....next morning drive through the rain forest (which I believe is close to the Wyndham) before heading to the Marriott in Condado (which has a Hertz office).

Any advice, suggestions, tips, driving advice would really be appreciated.

Is it a fairly easy drive from SJU to the Wyndham in Rio Grande? Any good restaurants near the Wyndham? Really appreciate your help......Karen

We successfully bid on the Marriott Stellaris for March 17th but decided to arrive in PR on the 16th instead. Priceline's price had gone up considerably so I decided to go through the bidding again and take my chances. Accidentaly I added zone 7 to my choice and received the Wyndham Rio Mar in Rio Grande for the 16th.

Not what I wanted but I'm trying to work around my blunder. My plan is to rent a car from Hertz at the airport on arrival.....drive to Rio Grande for my stay at the Wyndham.....next morning drive through the rain forest (which I believe is close to the Wyndham) before heading to the Marriott in Condado (which has a Hertz office).

Is it a fairly easy drive from SJU to the Wyndham in Rio Grande? Any good restaurants near the Wyndham? Really appreciate your help......Karen

Your plan is very doable.

We stayed one night precruise at the Rio Mar. The ride from SJU to Rio Mar is about 40 miles. Traffic can get bad but it is a major road. We ate a restuarant on the main road before the turn into the Rio Mar. In the morning we went to the Rain Forest and hiked and swam at one of the Falls. Went back, cleaned up and checked out. We drove to the port and embarked. You can easily drop the car rental off and go to the Marriott.

We rented from Charlie's Car Rental. They picked us up at the airport and we dropped the car at their place on Ashford Avenue near the Marriott. Charlie's has a shuttle from the Ashford location.

received the Wyndham Rio Mar in Rio Grande for the 16th.

Karen, nice way to make lemonade! You will be able to get out and see a little more of PR than just the SJ area.

With a car you should expect a 45 min drive (very easy) from SJU to Rio Mar. I hope the continuation of RT 66 will be done by then, so it may be a quicker/easier drive.

There are a number of restaurants close to the resort- Richie's up the road, Antojito's before the resort or the Kiosks in Luquillo (just about 5 mins away). You can also do the bakery Isamar right on the corner or the one in Palmer on the way to the rain forest for good and yummy PR breakfasts or lunch sandwiches to go.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

My mistake seem like it will allow me to see a part of PR I would not have otherwise had the opportunity to visit. Looks like lemonade to me.

My GPS (and mapquest) does not seem to know Rio Mar Blvd. Is it a new street? What else is near the Wyndham that I could plug in a different address?

Karen:):):)

This worked out great for you. The drive is pretty easy on Rt 66 if not during rush hour. They were working on the extension of 66 when I was there in March and that will be a nice change when done.

Now you get to see the rainforest and can do the beaches around Luquillo as well as the Kiosks.

http://www.lenderstreet.com

This worked out great for you. The drive is pretty easy on Rt 66 if not during rush hour. They were working on the extension of 66 when I was there in March and that will be a nice change when done.

Now you get to see the rainforest and can do the beaches around Luquillo as well as the Kiosks.

www.lenderstreet.com

Could you explain the "Kiosks?" Are they food stalls? Near each other? Sit down or take out?

Archived