Express Walk off

Billymac

We are considering the Spirit out of NOLA on Feb. 6, 2011. Does anyone have any information regarding the express walk off? We would need to catch an 11.00 A.M. flight back home and we need to know if there is enough time. I know that the Spirit sailed this itinerary last season so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

We did the walkoff on our recent 8-9 to 8-13 Sky cruise. It was awesome! Everything went like clockwork. We walked off the ship, called SAS & was at our Ft. Lauderdale beach hotel by 1030. On top of that, the Courtyard let us check in immediately. Everything about this mini cruise was effortless. Do it!

The biggest problem in NOLA is getting thorugh customs. Most sailings the past two years have reported not enough customs agents to process passengers. We didn't have that issue on our sailing, but it was complained about more times than not.

Hey folks - the poster was talking about NEW ORLEANS, not FLL or Hawaii or anywhere else. Each city is different.

But - as to New Orleans, you should be just fine. On our last one, we were getting in a taxi just after 8am. On the previous one, we were at our car around 9 I think.

With that said, there have been rare reports of delays. If the customs folks are understaffed or late, all bets are off. But, you should be fine.

Thank you for all the responses, especially garycarla. Got the answer I needed.

In March of 2010 my husband did the express check out. Not any problems. He walked off , they asked if he had anything to declare he said no and that was it. He took a shuttle to Holiday Inn and was back at the drop off with the car and waiting for us when we did our dismbarkment at 9 am.

You will have a great time on the cruise we will be going again next March.:)

Archived