Best time to book for best pricing on Dream in January

sblois

We're considering our next cruise for Jan 2011 on the Dream. The pricing seems a little steep right now and I usually book closer to the cruise and get great deals. DH is anxious to get booked but I'm afraid we'll lock in a high price and it will kill me to watch great deals go by later!

I know about Early Saver but that won't work for me because we are just outside the 5 month window (we're looking at mid-January so we missed the 5 month mark by about a week).

We are past guests so I'm hoping for a great rate with a free upgrade on a balcony room.

When do you think is the ideal time to book? Closer to the cruise or now (4-5 months away)?

Thanks

When do you think is the ideal time to book? Closer to the cruise or now (4-5 months away)?

Thanks

Book now. Without Early Saver, you can STILL take advantage of lower prices until 75 days prior to departure. However, if the prices keep going up and you haven't booked, you won't be able to recall the lower price.

My experience has been mixed. If I'm sailing during the low season (fall months) it's cheaper to wait. Other times of the year, not so much.

One time we booked 18 months in advance (for a November cruise), and the prices never went below what we originally paid! :eek:

My rule of thumb to book: 7 day cruise - 7 months out, 5 day cruise - 5 months out

Archived