Scuba Diving in Aruba

ManM

I would like to know if someone has been making scuba diving in Aruba.

How is the visibility and how are the corals. Does it worth to dive in this place?

Thank you.

Hello, I was diving in Aruba in May of this year. After diving in Bonaire several times, I was disappointed with Aruba. Visibility on the popular wreck sites wasn't good at all. I asked the dive master if this was unusual and she said it was about average - not a good sign. The coral wasn't in very good shape around the wrecks, either. But, in fairness to Aruba, these sites are close to shore and probably have way too much traffic. There are lots of divers in Aruba, though, so there must be some good sites somewhere! Would I dive there again? Probably, because I'm from a land-locked state and take any opportunity I get, but I wouldn't go to Aruba just to dive - head to Bonaire for that!

By the way, we were staying on the island and used Red Sail Sports for our diving. OK, but somewhat expensive. About $100 each for a one tank with equipment rental and $150 for a two tank with rental.

Thank you very much.

This is exactly what I thought about the visibility because I went on Youtube to see some video and the water was not clear at all so I don't think that I'll be diving in Aruba.

I really appreciate your help.

The diving in Aruba can be great, but you have to go out a bit - to dive sites the cruise line sponsored dive opr. tend to NOT take you. The wrecks that the local dive operators tend to take divers is okay, but visibility there isn't great. Do some research and request to be taken out to a decent dive site. It may take some effort, but it's worth it.

Thank you Sailfish.

If I decide to dive, I'll ask for it but usualy, they take you where they want to and not where "you" want to!

If I am diving on my own or with my group, I always email the dive operator in advance to find out what the better dive sites are that they dive. I often have a list of recommended sites and ask if any of them are on the dive master's list. If they know you are an experienced diver, they will understand why you would inquire. Divers off cruise ships don't generally have the best reputation - I find a quick email or phone call prior to my arrival helps.

Just my 2 cents on this, personally i will save anything i have to dive on Bonaire. No comparisson for Aruba and Bonaire, day and night difference.

I am a native of Aruba and i am currently living on Bonaire and i occasionnaly dive. Hope i have clarify or help you in your choice.

Archived