Why was Epic delayed in Nassau

lovacruz

Can anyone tell me what happened in Nassau. Why was the ship delayed. I saw a boat come up close to the ship when we were moving. Were there passengers that were brought to the ship because they were late coming back.

There will almost always be a pilot boat that comes up next to the ship after it leaves a port. Most ports require a harbor pilot to help navigate the ship out of the port. Once the ship is out of the harbor, the pilot goes back to port in that small boat. (Although in many ports I suspect this is mainly a way to get the cruise lines and cargo vessels to pay an additional fee.)

Sometimes there may be a small boat that brings late passengers aboard. This isn't very common though.

Not sure why you might have been late leaving port. It could have been other harbor traffic, or a medical emergency, or any number of things. Being delayed by about an hour or less is not uncommon.

Can anyone tell me what happened in Nassau. Why was the ship delayed. I saw a boat come up close to the ship when we were moving. Were there passengers that were brought to the ship because they were late coming back.

I was on that sailing of the Epic 8/14 and the delay I was told was due to a death on board. Not the 21 year old but a second person.

Archived