recent review of Occidental grand or allegro day pass?

terryde

I was at the Occidental Grand last winter for a week (also went to the Eco park) loved it! Want to go back! Tons of wildlife roaming around!

Make sure to catch the lighting of the torches @ twlight in the main lobby(they take you to the eco park from the river in the lobby or you can walk).

The only draw back to the Occidental is it has a man made cove rather then a true beach, when I spoke with other people from other resorts they had days they were unable to go in the water(to rough and bad undertow, red flags) we only ever had white flags!

Eco park is huge:eek:, took us 2 days to really see everything, if you go make sure to swim the cenotes, and if you are able to catch the evening show. You can swim with nurse sharks, quite a cool thing and glad I did a once and a lifetime opp, Eco park also has the best swim with the dolphins I have ever done. Most real interaction with the dolphins.

Not to sure if you are wanting to stay for a week or just going there for the day. When they try to give you the timeshare talk, tell them you do not have a credit card and they will leave you alone.

If you have checked out reviews from tripadvisor do not listen to the bad! It will be what you make of it, treat the staff right and they will treat you great. Make sure to check out the swing bar and ask Vivien(sp?) for her special! Carlos drives the tram around and he is a fountain for information!

If you go have fun and enjoy yourself!

Email me if you have anyother questions or want some pictures.

classitup@hotmail.com

• 2 weeks later...
I was at the Occidental Grand last winter for a week (also went to the Eco park) loved it! Want to go back! Tons of wildlife roaming around!

Make sure to catch the lighting of the torches @ twlight in the main lobby(they take you to the eco park from the river in the lobby or you can walk).

The only draw back to the Occidental is it has a man made cove rather then a true beach, when I spoke with other people from other resorts they had days they were unable to go in the water(to rough and bad undertow, red flags) we only ever had white flags!

Eco park is huge:eek:, took us 2 days to really see everything, if you go make sure to swim the cenotes, and if you are able to catch the evening show. You can swim with nurse sharks, quite a cool thing and glad I did a once and a lifetime opp, Eco park also has the best swim with the dolphins I have ever done. Most real interaction with the dolphins.

Not to sure if you are wanting to stay for a week or just going there for the day. When they try to give you the timeshare talk, tell them you do not have a credit card and they will leave you alone.

If you have checked out reviews from tripadvisor do not listen to the bad! It will be what you make of it, treat the staff right and they will treat you great. Make sure to check out the swing bar and ask Vivien(sp?) for her special! Carlos drives the tram around and he is a fountain for information!

If you go have fun and enjoy yourself!

Email me if you have anyother questions or want some pictures.

classitup@hotmail.com

what is the ECO park? is it on the same property or somewhere else? we are thinking of booking this and didnt see information regarding this? thanks!

Xcaret Ecological park(google it) is right next door to the Occidental, different place. From the hotel you can either walk to it or take the river boat ride. Hotel(package) includes one day admission to the park and passes for more days @ discount. I would not listen to the bad reviews on tripadvisor about this hotel. Please email and I will email you a copy of my review and some photo's if you wish.

Well worth the trip IMHO

Archived