Brazil Ports

LIMPIT

I am travelling on a MSC translantic cruise from Santos back to Southampton, with stops at the following ports in Brazil :

Santos

Rio

Salvador

Buzios

Ubatuaba

I have booked a private tour at Rio with Raffael Torres in Rio after reading great reviews on CC, but has anyone any tips/suggestions/must do`s for any of the other ports.

Many thanks.

Limpit

on board below,,,,also,we got a few guidebooks for S.america and that helped narrow down options...loved Rio,,,lots to see and food good,,we spent 2 days there before cruise and still didnt see it all...was not impressed with Santos..big port and run down looking,,,,took private taxi tour and ended up back at ship early....maybe someone else can help with other ports,,,,loved Buenos Aires,,,worth extra trip,,,just to tango,,haha:)

Here is a link with comments and tips on the ports...http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1091325&highlight=buzios

Ubatuba- Our family has a beach house there. Lots of beaches. I´d recommend taken the Schooner Tour to the islands , which visits an old prison and the Itamar turtle project (double check about the turtle project , as it maight have changed). The area is very lush and green. The schooner trip is called "passeio de escuna".

Kim

Archived