I know better but did it anyway...

grey's girl

booked through Expedia that is! I've always booked on-line through the airlines' websites.

This time I got so excited when I saw non-stop flights, that I had a brainfart and booked through Expedia, instead of checking AirTran.

Now, those same exact flights are a total of $72 cheaper....Of course, Expedia won't do anything because it must be within a 24 hr period and AirTran won't do anything because I didn't book through them... :(

Just a 'heads up' and FYI

Do you mean prices went down after you booked or that you found booking directly through Air Tran would have been cheaper? Would Air Tran have allowed you to rebook at the lower rate if you'd booked through them from the start? I don't see Expedia has having done anything wrong in this case. Prices can come down. They can also go up, and no one asks you for more money if they do.

Do you mean prices went down after you booked or that you found booking directly through Air Tran would have been cheaper? Would Air Tran have allowed you to rebook at the lower rate if you'd booked through them from the start? I don't see Expedia has having done anything wrong in this case. Prices can come down. They can also go up, and no one asks you for more money if they do.

Prices went down after I booked our flights...prices were the same on both sites. then and now. It's not that Expedia did anything wrong..but had I booked directly with AirTran they would have given me a credit (even a month later) whereas Expedia wouldn't. They restrict any adjustments to 24 hours.

The point of my post was to just to remind folks to check the airline's website before they book...I usually do but this time neglected to do so and it 'cost me' $72.00.

Archived