Hampton Inn Tampa - Ybor City

october37

Has anyone stayed here? We are heading down for our cruise 2 days prior and want to explore Tampa a bit. Is there anything to do here? Is it easy to get to the port?

Thanks,

Michelle & Jeff

Haven't been there yet but did some research only a few blocks from YBOR city the capital of American cigar manufacturing in the 50's.Now restaurants,shops and from the reviews great place to go eat walk and drink.

Also hotel off area trolly stop which i think $5 all day pass can go all the way to, pier about 1 1/2 miles for channelside mall and theaters and also restaurants. so its by alot of shops food etc and trhey have transportation to pier which I understand is only 10 min.s away.So we chose to stay there for the legend cruise this weekend .I hope this helps.

in this area do a search for Hampton ybor city and you will get a lot of great reviews.

Jeff

We stayed there pre-cruise last Jan. Other than the weather (that was when it was 35 degrees in FL) we had a wonderful experience. Easy walking distance to restaurants, very close to the port, nice hotel shuttle. I would highly recommend this hotel.

We just stayed there post cruise on legend.

Ybor City is cool - it isn't the "best" part of Tampa - quite a few empty storefronts, head shops, etc. but not terribly unsafe. The hotel is clean and convenient. 5 minute free shuttle ride to and from the port which you can almost see. Small pool. Decent breakfast. Nice Staff.

Great Greek restaurant down the street and inexpensive and filling Spaghetti Wharehouse one block away. $25 to the airport. All in all would do it again but you might be bored by day two unless you trolley down to Chanelside.

I appreciate your input. We're planning a trip to Busch Gardens so that should break things up a bit before we head out. I'm so looking forward to this getaway!!

Michelle & Jeff!!

• 2 weeks later...
We just stayed there post cruise on legend.

Ybor City is cool - it isn't the "best" part of Tampa - quite a few empty storefronts, head shops, etc. but not terribly unsafe. The hotel is clean and convenient. 5 minute free shuttle ride to and from the port which you can almost see. Small pool. Decent breakfast. Nice Staff.

Great Greek restaurant down the street and inexpensive and filling Spaghetti Wharehouse one block away. $25 to the airport. All in all would do it again but you might be bored by day two unless you trolley down to Chanelside.

We will be driving and parking our car while on a 7 night cruise in November. Do they offer free parking and is the parking area secure and safe?

Archived