Qe2

MUNCHEN43

It is very sad for me, I used to work for Cunard when the company was at 555 Fifth Ave in NYC and then when they moved to Jackson Ave in Long Island City in Queens NY.

I left, not my decision, when they moved to Miami in 1997.

I have heard from many, many travel agents and former passengers of the QE2 and they are all disappointed in the way that Carnival has allowed the QE2 to just fall apart.

I do understand that an inexpensive Carnival cruise will generate more profit than the same cruise on the once world class QE2. It is just sad to me, after taken many, many cruises on her to watch the QE2 fall into disrepair. I would rather, Carnival sell her and let someone else restore her, or even scrap her.

Just my two cents worth.

Having just returned from an 11 night cruise on the QE 2 as part of the World Cruise, I must say that the condition of the ship is really excellent, particularly considering her age and the milliuons of miles she has sailed. The crew were constantly touching up the paintwork, in fact they were painting the hull when we arrived at Papeete, and we noticed practically no signs of wear and tear other than a few minor scuffs and the door to our life jacket closet in the bathroom had a piece of veneer missing.

I do agree that the Carnivalization virus is infiltrating, but this is more in the area of cutbacks in service standards and elimination of the delightful "extras" that made previous voyages so wonderful. In 11 nights, we were never once served lobster, nor any exotic dishes such as Baked Alaska, both staples on previous cruises, although they did serve Haggis (ugh!) on Robert Burns night.

Archived