Traveling with Infant....transport concerns!

kfinfam

We will have our 11 month old son with us on our cruise. I was wondering if anyone else has gotten out and about at port with an infant? Did you get in a taxi or on a jitney bus and just hold your infant in your lap? Or did you rent a car and carseat? Are there seatbelts in taxis and jitney buses? I would NEVER consider going without a carseat for a SECOND if we were at home....so I'm not sure what to do in order to get to where we want to go SAFELY with the baby.

Also....taxis and jitney buses, do they have room for us to put our small umbrella stroller somewhere during the ride?

We will have our 11 month old son with us on our cruise. I was wondering if anyone else has gotten out and about at port with an infant? Did you get in a taxi or on a jitney bus and just hold your infant in your lap? Or did you rent a car and carseat? Are there seatbelts in taxis and jitney buses? I would NEVER consider going without a carseat for a SECOND if we were at home....so I'm not sure what to do in order to get to where we want to go SAFELY with the baby.

Also....taxis and jitney buses, do they have room for us to put our small umbrella stroller somewhere during the ride?

Some taxi's will have seat belts, most won't. None will have carseats unless you arrange for services in advance. Jitney's do not have seat belts, they are small 30 person buses that have seats that fold in the aisle to accomodate add'l people. The may have room up by the driver for a small umbrella stroller depending on how crowded they get.

Taxis can accomodate a stroller as well.

If you need taxi services with a car seat.. you can arrange thru sandra ferguson.

http://www.bahamas-treasures.com/fergiestaxi/

Hi there, in Nassau, we walked right off the ship and into the historic downtown to visit with our 2 1/2 year old and his stroller. We walked around for about an hour and a half and saw the parliament, Christ Church Cathedral, Government House, the shops etc. We didn't bring him with us in a taxi or jitney since they didn't have car seats, we left him at Camp Carnival after the downtown visit.

Archived