Change to Baltic itinerary on the Constellation

John&Betty

John,

I share in your frustration on this issue. We sail in June and still do not have a set agenda for St. Petersburg and the ports before and after. I am now convinced that Stockholm is being reduced to one day but for the rest; well, you can go to three places on the Celebrity web site and get three different answers.

We will go ahead with our plans for June because, as you, we have a lot of time and effort invested in pulling together information and independent tours. Our back to back cruises to South America on Celebrity in 2006 are up in the air at the moment and will stay there for the time being.

I know we will love cruising with Celebrity once we get to the ship, but that doesn't make up for the treatment currently being handed out to customers. I hope that you all have a great cruise and a very enjoyable time.

John,

I am in total agreement with you about how Celebrity has failed to act with any sense of responsibility in this matter. Our itinerary has been tossed around and we now have several ports with visits that give us 5 or less daylight hours. Many sights and museums will be closed during much of the remaining time in port. Given the time invested, plane tickets bought and price increases we will see this one through.

Like you, we had at least six couples that were prepared to do a Celebrity Med cruise in 2006. For several of us, this would have been our fourth straight Celebrity European cruise. We have cancelled those plans and will definitely look elswhere for our cruising in the future. I agree, we will not make the huge investment a vacation of this sort entails without some sense of security that we are dealing with a reputable and predictable company. As I think has been noted, only Celebrity has had these itinerary dislocations.

Jerry

I'm with all of you...this is our first and probably last Celebrity cruise. We were very happy with Holland America but chose Celebrity because the itinerary was so much better. I've heard wonderful things about Celebrity and the Constellation and I'm hoping the cruise itself will live up to the expectation. But I think Celebrity's customer service totally stinks and if cruise prices continue to go through the roof, we may be back to land travel again.

Archived