2 1/2 yr old +NCL (10/17nyc) - ACTIVITIES??

brianosaur

Went on a 7day when DD was 8mos.

She'll be 32 mos when we leave NYC for Bahamas on 10/17/10.

I think this trip may be more hair raising then the last bc now shes into EVERYTHING! :eek:

Does NCL have activities for toddlers?

w/ or w/o mom & dad?

Night time and/or daytime babysitting?

Not really sure what to expect, except that nap time and bedtime should be a BLAST! Woo-Hoo! :o

BTW - do they room service Margaritas? ....j/k ;)

Yes, cruising is more hair raising with a toddler. You will find the cabin gets really small after your little one bounces from wall to wall a few times. I've taken DD (now 3 1/2) cruising with us when she was 5mos, 1yr, 2yr and 2 cruises at 3. Each stage presents different challenges and different rewards. You will have to concern yourself more with childproofing. We avoided balcony cabins, brought outlet covers, barricaded the door with the stroller (so she couldn't open the door to the hallway etc). We also made greater efforts to tire her out on port days and found open conference/meeting rooms so that she could have open space to play on sea days.

However, one of the advantages of sailing NCL is that their kids program takes them at age 2 and they don't have to potty trained. I believe they give you a pager and page you when its time to change a diaper. So, you can easily put her in the kids program and she will have structured activities along with other kids her age. You don't have to stay with them.

I've never used babysitting services on any line so I can't speak to that. I would never use in cabin sitting. Personally, I don't feel comfortable leaving my child alone with any crew member. However, many people do use these services. Some lines have group babysitting in the playrooms. I dont know which NCL does.

Many people don't enjoy bringing or seeing small children on cruises. We love it. You have great family time and get a greater joy seeing your kids faces light up.

Happy sailings!

Make sure to check out the Nick at Sea activities. She might like story time with Dora. It's really cute! Plus like the other poster said, she can use the kids clubs at 2.

From the NCL Website

NCL offers group sitting for ages 2-12 for a nominal fee with the Kid's Crew" counselors. In addition to our regular sitting hours of 10 pm - 1 am, group sitting is available in port from 9 am - 5 pm. Private babysitting is not available.

Archived