Quick tipping question...

kailan

Forgive me, I'm sure this is asked a lot, but I did a quick search and didn't find an answer. We're leaving in a couple hours, so no time to keep looking.

We're in a suite. We obviously plan to tip our butler at the end of our cruise, but is it also customary to tip the butler a little each time they set up a meal, bring us milk for the kids etc...

Thanks!

Forgive me, I'm sure this is asked a lot, but I did a quick search and didn't find an answer. We're leaving in a couple hours, so no time to keep looking.

We're in a suite. We obviously plan to tip our butler at the end of our cruise, but is it also customary to tip the butler a little each time they set up a meal, bring us milk for the kids etc...

Thanks!

When we stayed in a suite, we tipped the butler at the end, but then we never get room service and don't make a lot of special requests. Since we didn't use him that much, we didn't see him that much either. Since you do plan on using him, it wouldn't hurt to tip him for a meal, but I wouldn't for a small request. On the other hand, we used the concierge a lot and gave her a nice tip at the end. Don't forget the concierge! Hope you have a great time!

Thanks!

Tip at the end - in fact,when offering $$$ at the beginning of the cruise, he told us to "take care of him at the end of the cruise".

Hope this helps.

Have a wonderful time.

Archived