Is 11:15 am flight from Fort Lauderdale too early?

Fred C

You will have plenty of time. We did the self-assist, just keep your luggage and take it off yourself in the am. You are the first group to be called. We were at the airport by 8am. It's only 10 minutes away. :)

I agree. We have made a 1005 the last two times out of FLL with about 50 min to spare at the gate.

And this last February there were 10 ships in port that day, still no problem.

Mike:)

What ship what day and what port are you arriving in? So much info is needed for us to give you any ideas

As to the prior answers before, if you are on Oasis or Allure or in port with them timing could be affected. In the past it hasn't been a problem, but as more and more ships with more and more people on them, it could be an issue. More ships more people cabs and customs agents could slow things down.

If you are coming to Fll from a cruise in Miami it could be a problem.

Looking at Allure's schedule, you are looking at 20,000 people getting off the ships that day in port. It will be very busy. Your best bet would be to try and get responses from people who sailed on Oasis during this past winter. With Allure having the equivalent of 2-3 ships of people wanting to all get off at the same time. It could be interesting

Even the buses that come from the Port of Miami arrive at FLL around 9am. From Port Everglades you are only 5 minutes by taxi from the airport, and without any special (early) debarkation, you can still easily be at the airport before 9am.

I want to book and 11:15 am flight out of Fort Lauderdale, but am afraid I

won't make it on time. The next flight is almost 5 pm. Any opinions?

We've made a 10:00 am flight out of Fort Lauderdale with no problem. We did carry our own luggage off though.

I guess I have just always been unlucky at Port Everglades...but both times we sailed from there it was nearly 9 before we even got off the ship..and that was with Diamond Priority departure...and on the small Enchantment of the Seas....

Archived