First Cruise for 36 yo single male in March 2011

BPD007

36yo single male

March 12-19, 2011 I'm on spring break from law school so I figured it

would be a PERFECT time to take a break from my law studies :)

Eastern Caribbean but anywhere is ok.

I will likely go with my buddy, he's 45 and been on 1 cruise before.

Any recommendations? I'd really like to meet other singles, preferable female. Sorry, I'm honest. Just looking for a really good time. Will that week be overburdened with families on the cruises?

I was looking at the RC Oasis.

You can send me private messages to not fill up this board. I would appreciate ANY advice you could give me

THANK YOU

Spring break will be busy with the college crowd. There will be families since its their spring break as well. When you get on board, look for singles get togethers. They will have those posted. I'm sure you will have a great time.

Spring break will be busy with the college crowd. There will be families since its their spring break as well. When you get on board, look for singles get togethers. They will have those posted. I'm sure you will have a great time.

Thanks Carolin :)

36yo single male

March 12-19, 2011 I'm on spring break from law school so I figured it

would be a PERFECT time to take a break from my law studies :)

Eastern Caribbean but anywhere is ok.

I will likely go with my buddy, he's 45 and been on 1 cruise before.

Any recommendations? I'd really like to meet other singles, preferable female. Sorry, I'm honest. Just looking for a really good time. Will that week be overburdened with families on the cruises?

I was looking at the RC Oasis.

You can send me private messages to not fill up this board. I would appreciate ANY advice you could give me

THANK YOU

You might want to check out the boards for solo cruisers.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=373

I'm cruising solo for the third time on Carnival next year. I'm 30 and have met quite a few solo women travelers, ages 20s-40s, on Carnival. Since Easter isn't until April next year, that's likely when many spring breaks will be and your ship might not be over run with kids. Even when there are a lot of kids, the ships have so many activities for them you won't always see them around. Good luck planning!

Not many college age kids sail during spring break because of age minimums--it's why they go to Mexico for break---plus they can drink there at 18, unlike on cruise ships. You have to be 21 to cruise alone, so that eliminates quite a few college kids. The only negative, being a solo, and it might not even be a negative for you, is that there will be tons of young kids and teens on board when you cruise during spring break.

Personally, I think Oasis is way too big of a ship. While others will disagree with me, I know that many also agree. Too many passengers and a feeling that you're not really cruising because the ship is so huge and you have to hunt to find the ocean.

Perhaps any other class of ship within Royal Caribbean, one that's not so large. The Voyager Class, Radiance Class or Freedom Class ships of RCI are very nice and not as behemoth as Oasis.

You can also consider Carnival, but their newer ships only. Carnival has really cleaned up their product and their food and service has improved over the last couple of years.

Why oh why aren't there 36 year old single guys on the cruises I am on!? That said, there's still time for you book with us at the end of this month on Oasis... ok, I had to try :)

This will be my first trip on her, friend me on here if you'd like and I can answer questions about that ship after I get back. I'm 35, so at least age wise, I can tell you what vibe the place has.

Why oh why aren't there 36 year old single guys on the cruises I am on!? That said, there's still time for you book with us at the end of this month on Oasis... ok, I had to try :)

This will be my first trip on her, friend me on here if you'd like and I can answer questions about that ship after I get back. I'm 35, so at least age wise, I can tell you what vibe the place has.

LOL sorry. You get an A for trying.

PLEASE let me know how the cruise goes when you return! I'll send you a message end of Sept/beg of Oct to remind you :) Hope you have a great time.

Archived