beverages? help!

blondeonboard

Okay, So I'm confused. What beverages do they offer to you for free? I was thinking of getting the soda card but I tend to drink more lemonade than soda. I thought I read somewhere that lemonade was free or is that just in the MDR? I know I can not order soda through room service but can I get a lemonade? And what is the deal with tap water. I saw it is like $2.00 for a bottle of water. What if I just want tap?

Okay, So I'm confused. What beverages do they offer to you for free? I was thinking of getting the soda card but I tend to drink more lemonade than soda. I thought I read somewhere that lemonade was free or is that just in the MDR? I know I can not order soda through room service but can I get a lemonade? And what is the deal with tap water. I saw it is like $2.00 for a bottle of water. What if I just want tap?

Lemonade and iced tea are free...the tap water tastes a bit processed but it is OK...can also get this in the buffet at all times...

Like the others have said iced tea, lemonade and tap H20 are all free.

You can order soda from room service but it will cost you, even if you have a soda card.

other have done the math, but if you drink 2-3 sodas a day then the soda card pays for itself.

There are water dispensers in the buffet area as well. The tap water is generally lukewarm at best so I would recommend either adding ice from the bucket (which your room steward will keep filled for you) or drinking the melt water.

Tap water is OK. It's either boiled and condensed (essentially distilled water) or desalinated. It tastes fine and have no problem drinking it.

Soda cards on short cruises are a total waste, math shows. Long cruises it depends on your consumption. More then four cans a day it would be worth it.:cool: But worth is always in the eye of the person spending the money.:rolleyes:

Can someone tell me if the ice tea is the sugar free kind where you can add your own substitute sugar?

Yes, they have unsweetened tea is dispensers in the Lido and at is also available in the MDR. Be aware that, unless they've changed it, the iced tea is NOT fresh brewed, but some kind of syrup mix they add with water in the dispensers. I do NOT care for this tea at all as it tastes nothing like brewed tea IMO.

GF and I usually get 1 soda card. She drinks a lot of Diet Coke, so it is worth it. I may have a sip or 2 of her Diet Coke, but usually I make iced coffee and drink that most of the day.

Never purchased a soda card, don't drink enough of them to make it a good value for my family. I usually bring a 12 pack of ginger ale in case any of us get sick. I also pack a sports bottle and a couple of boxes of the crystal light flavors to add to my water.

Archived