Question about on board expenses

Voltron

The arcade adds up super fast. I believe most of the games are $1 each. The 5 year old shouldn't be a problem, but if you have an older child, their cards can allow them to just keep swiping and playing, racking up a huge bill, so be sure to talk about expectations before the cruise. If their cards are linked to the charge card, they can spend your entire credit limit.

I think I didnt get it. You mean that a minor can decide on expenditures without the parent consent ? If the card is the door key and he has one, than he can start charging whatever he wants ??

Is it legal ?

I think I didnt get it. You mean that a minor can decide on expenditures without the parent consent ? If the card is the door key and he has one, than he can start charging whatever he wants ??

Is it legal ?

When you check in you can tell them what cards can charge and which ones can't, though they told me that it does take up to 24 hours for the charge privileges to be removed.

Also last week on the Dawn lemonade was available in the dining room from the kids menu. It seems that things change so often on cruise ships that it is impossible to plan for everything.

Darren

Is it legal ?

I'm glad Darren answered since our son was old enough on our NCL cruise that we let him keep the charging privileges. On most cruise lines, your charge card defaults to the entire cabin, unless you tell them different.

I'm sure you will have a great trip. I don't want to sound negative, but I always like to have all the facts, so I have a few things to share.

With 5 people, the on board expenses can start to add up fast. Even little things start to add up.

One thing to remember, on NCL, there is not free lemonade or anything other than water and probably milk for kids to drink at meals other than breakfast. At breakfast, there is also juice. The pop cards are less expensive for kids, so it may be something you want to look into, depending on your kids.

The arcade adds up super fast. I believe most of the games are $1 each. The 5 year old shouldn't be a problem, but if you have an older child, their cards can allow them to just keep swiping and playing, racking up a huge bill, so be sure to talk about expectations before the cruise. If their cards are linked to the charge card, they can spend your entire credit limit.

I haven't bought photos on NCL, but typically, they are quite expensive. A single 5x7 may cost $15-$20.

Taking the number 10 Jitney in Nassau is a nice inexpensive way to get around and we really enjoyed seeing things through more local eyes then when you are on a formal tour. We didn't go all the way to the beach. We only went to the fort that is down along the water.

Everyone's spending habits are different. DH and I did one where other than our tips and soda cards, we didn't spend any extra money on the cruise. On the other hand, we did 2 shore excursions in many ports in AK because it was a special trip we had saved for and a location we thought we would only go to once.

Have a great trip.

The photos are quite expensive; however, this is the first cruise for several members of my party. We would like to get dressed up one night and take a group photo. Aside from that, I am bringing my cameras. I planning on taking lots of photos :).

Does anyone know if you can get duplicate photos on board the ship? I have a scanner at home but I am not sure if the scan quality is up to par. My scanner is several years old.

Fortunately, my son is 5 so I am not concerned about arcade spending. Now when he gets older, it will be a different story, LOL.

We were at Cable beach 3 years ago, we took the #10 jitney. I completely forgot about the jitney bus. We might consider the jitney, if we decide agaisnt the shore excursions.

I am really looking forward to this cruise because it's the first cruise for some of my party, we are leaving from NY and I want to go to GSC. I know there is a possiblity that ship may have to skip GSC so Blue Lagoon will be my back up plan.

In regards to the card keys, can each card key be linked to that individuals credit card or is it per cabin?

The photos are quite expensive; however, this is the first cruise for several members of my party. We would like to get dressed up one night and take a group photo. Aside from that, I am bringing my cameras. I planning on taking lots of photos :).

Does anyone know if you can get duplicate photos on board the ship? I have a scanner at home but I am not sure if the scan quality is up to par. My scanner is several years old.

Fortunately, my son is 5 so I am not concerned about arcade spending. Now when he gets older, it will be a different story, LOL.

We were at Cable beach 3 years ago, we took the #10 jitney. I completely forgot about the jitney bus. We might consider the jitney, if we decide agaisnt the shore excursions.

I am really looking forward to this cruise because it's the first cruise for some of my party, we are leaving from NY and I want to go to GSC. I know there is a possiblity that ship may have to skip GSC so Blue Lagoon will be my back up plan.

In regards to the card keys, can each card key be linked to that individuals credit card or is it per cabin?

If you are talking about the photos taken by the ship's photographers, yes, you can get copies and sometimes, they give you a discount for purchasing multiple copies of the same shot. I'm not sure about NCL, but some of the other cruise lines do not give you the license to legally make copies of their pics.

One trick if you are not already aware of it, is to start to stack your photos together as you see them appearing. Then a little later in the cruise when they start to offer specials, you can compare all the shots and find the ones that you like best. Unfortunately on our Explorer of the Seas cruise, someone decided to throw away our stack mid-week, but they had everything on the computers still and we could look at all the pics and decide what we wanted.

We haven't tried to do it, but from what I understand, you can link different credit cards to different keys, but you will have to do that when you check in and hopefully you will have a worker who knows how to do it. From what I have read, it was easy for some people and a total pain for others. If there is a problem doing it at check-in, you can go to the pursers desk after you get on board and they should be able to fix it for you.

I understand your concern about GSC. When we were in Nassau, another ship was there because they couldn't get to GSC, so they had 2 days in Nassau.

I'm sure everyone will have a great trip. Enjoy.

Re - pictures --- I have been on ships that will print pictures from your camera memory card for around 25 cents per picture. I believe they had a minimum number they would print for that price. It wouldn't hurt to ask the photo shop if they do that.

Re - pictures --- I have been on ships that will print pictures from your camera memory card for around 25 cents per picture. I believe they had a minimum number they would print for that price. It wouldn't hurt to ask the photo shop if they do that.

Also, for pictures taken with your own camera, if you have friends/family members across the country you want to share with, you can upload to something like Shutterfly and you can order prints to be delivered to Target stores nationwide.

I am really amazed at how low some of you can keep your on board account.

We consistently average $140 to $150 per day for the two of us. Guess I should slow down on the boozin!!:D

Naw, just the cost of doing business.

The internet is 75 cents per minute for a quick email and even on land in the Bahamas a phone call would probably be about $2.29 per minute plus tax.

It's true that pay-as-you-go internet is 75cents per minute, but don't forget the one-time $3.95 set up fee as well.

Archived