Victory out of Dominica

VictoryLover2

If Carnival took three port days and replaced them with three sea days, and it was for profitability and not something out of their control, I am 100% certain I would cancel just on principle alone.

Yeah, that would be terrible! Actually, even just one additional cancellation of a port on this cruise would make me seriously consider cancelling.

My TA who is also the group leader and my best friend actually did say she looked into what the cost of the Princess cruise would be and would be fine with changing to that one if everybody else agreed with it, but she figured it wouldn't work well for me.

You reach a point where the fun and excitement of a cruise is just not worth being treated like a bag of dirt.

But they have only canceled one port for profitability so I would just feel like a cupful of dirt. Like you I would still go but would resent them from now on.

I have been sailing NCL more and more and stuff like that will keep me from booking with Carnival in the future (much as I like talking about it here :))

Yeah. I wish that, like somebody else said, if they were going to cancel Dominica, have done it just on cruises that aren't bookable yet instead of disappointing thousands of ppl who have already booked. Although, for the sake of the ppl of Dominica, I wish they would keep the Victory going there for a very long time to come.

Yeah. I wish that, like somebody else said, if they were going to cancel Dominica, have done it just on cruises that aren't bookable yet instead of disappointing thousands of ppl who have already booked. Although, for the sake of the ppl of Dominica, I wish they would keep the Victory going there for a very long time to come.

AMEN.... I have a friend in Dominica and the chatter there is the "HIGH" season will make a small dent to them... but the VICTORY was the only ship that stopped during the "LOW" season when most ships have gone elsewhere.... then the loss will hurt much deaper..... this is much more than fuel or "complaints of no sea days".

I don't see any Maasdam cruise in December going to Dominica. Are you sure you didn't mean the Dominican Republic?

From vacations to go . com ..... November sailing stops Sunday 7 November, Mid-November sailing stops Wednesday 1 December, January 7 sailing stops Wednesday 12 January AND Saturday 22 January, February 11 sailing stops Wednesday 16 February & February 21 or March 18 sailing stops 23 March.

They are not just skipping Dominica, they are moving away from just a 7 day cruise itinerary.

My guess as others have pointed out is that this all has to do with money. Dominica must not be generating the revenue Carnival wanted or expected.

http://www.carnival.com/region_detail.aspx?subregioncode=cs

i kinda like they way this one looks

SHIP: CARNIVAL VICTORY

PORTS OF CALL:

Close block ITINERARY

DayPortArriveDepartMonday, Jan 01 San Juan, Puerto Rico 10:00pmTuesday, Jan 02 St. Thomas, Usvi7:00am5:00pmWednesday, Jan 03 Dominica10:00am6:00pmThursday, Jan 04 Barbados8:00am5:00pmFriday, Jan 05 St. Lucia, WI8:00am5:00pmSaturday, Jan 06 St Kitts, WI8:00am6:00pmSunday, Jan 07 St. Maarten, NA7:00am5:00pmMonday, Jan 08 Fun Day At Sea Tuesday, Jan 09 San Juan, Puerto Rico7:00am

sorry, copy and paste didnt work right. it's an 8 day from SJ starting 1jan11. same route as now, but a day at sea between st martin and SJ on the return.

This is BS. My hubby and I booked this cruise because of it's port heavy schedule. We have been so committed to Carnival we even got married on the Legend.... We're planning on a 5 year vowel renewal on the Legend...........that probably won't happen now...CARNIVAL....LISTEN

you will surely all receive obcs for port charges, but looking for any other credit for you disappointment will surely not happen. They reserve the right to change itinerary. It doesnt make me happy either and hope it doesnt happen to us before hand, but i can tell you we have been waved off or not docked on three sailings so far and you can see how many we have been on

Well I have gotten several different answers to whether or not we will be getting a credit for the fees/taxes.

Answer 1:

Please be advised that compensation is not being extended for the change in itinerary. In order to remain consistent and fair with all of our affected guests, no exceptions can be made. As your booking is outside of the penalty phase, you do have the option to cancel your reservation and receive a full refund. We do not wish for you to change your cruise vacation plans, however we understanding and respect your decision should you choose to do so. Please note, however, that your booking will be in penalty as of September 7, 2010.

Answer 2:

Thank you for contacting Carnival Cruise Lines. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

We are going to refund the taxes as an onboard credit, the system will automatically do that a couple days before the sailing.

We hope this information is helpful. If there is anything else we can do for you please don't hesitate to ask.

Answer 3:

Thank you for your email.

Your reservation is currently priced as follows:

Cruise fare - $XXX.00 per person

Cruise fees - $63.26 per person

The sailing currently has cruise fees at $67.61 per person, higher than the cruise fees you are presently booked at.

It's anyone's guess as to what will happen. I'm not happy with Carnival right now from getting the run around. I can deal with the port cancellation, but not the ignorance of the employees.

As of November 2, 2010 Carnival is pulling the port of Dominica from the VICTORY's itinerary!!!!!

After Carnival refused to return my port charges or provide me the any other compensation. I cancelled and booked with Celebrity on the Summit and will still port in Dominica on the same day. I am done with Carnival, this was horrible customer service. I asked why if i booked my cruise in February at that price, when it comes time to return the port charges why are they subject to todays price. if they happened to be lower we still wouldn't get a refund. They have made two changes to this itinerary and i think they are doing the old bait and switch on us. I am paid about $180 dollars more but i am happy with my decision to switch cruise lines.

I'm not cutting off my nose to spite my face. I'm happy with all of the remaining ports on this cruise. I checked the ports for my 3 other choices - Celebrity, RCCL and Princess - and there are ports on each one that I don't want to go to on this cruise. Plus it would cost me more money.

Hi,

just tried to confirm the route change with Carnival. At least the ones on the phone in Germany are still completely unaware (but probably information takes a bit longer to travel over the Atlantic...)

I hope they do not cancel the stop - we are booked on the Victory in November, and have especially booked because of the itinerary :mad:

Victory is on Dry Dock Nov 7, and 14 starting on salling 21 nov ( thanksgiving) starts the new itinerary w/out Dominica!!!! Sorry!

My TA said Carnival said the port fees are only about $10/person, so they won't be refunding them. But, if you add that up for all the ppl onboard, that's an extra ~$21,000 in Carnival's pocket PER CRUISE. Seeing as there's no more Victory beginning mid-November until whenever you can't book anymore (I'm booked for February and I know there's plenty more cruises after that which can be booked), that's a whole lotta dough added to Carnival's pockets!! (Can I be Carnival for a day?!?! I'd love an extra $21,000 in my bank acc't!)

We're on the Victory the week of 12/5/10. Look for me on Tuesday that week. I'll have my " I was to be in Dominica today but instead all I got is this lousy T-shirt" on.

If you go, let them know, but have fun with it. No one wants a bunch of angry passengers on their ship with them. I know I don't!!!!

Hi *****,

Thank you for your email.

Thank you for contacting us to provide your feedback regarding the change of itinerary for the CARNIVAL VICTORY sailing 11/21/10. We appreciate the opportunity to respond to our guests' comments.

We realize many vacations are chosen because of a specific itinerary and regret any disappointment caused as a result of the changes made to your itinerary. Please understand that the decision to change an itinerary is difficult and generally undertaken as a last resort to ensure the safety and comfort of our guests. We do want to assure you that this is not what we would have wished for you to experience during your cruise vacation.

When possible, Carnival notifies guests or their travel agents of any changes to the ports of call. However, if the itinerary change occurs when notification is not possible, we make every attempt to provide a substitute port. Should another port not be available, guests will have $20.00 per person onboard credit applied to their Sail & Sign account during their sailing.

We hope you will consider joining us on a future Carnival cruise and should you have additional questions, please feel free to contact us.

If there is anything else we can do for you please don't hesitate to ask.

Cordially

Guest Solutions│Carnival Cruise Lines

groupsales@carnival.com │ 1-800-438-6744

--- Original Message ---

Received: 9/5/10 11:18:45 AM EDT

To: IMC Guest Info <guestinfo@carnival.com>

Subject: Other/General Information

I see you have changed my Carnival Victory cruise by dropping Dominica.

Why have you not contacted me about this?

I am NOT very happy about this, the port a day schedule is why we have booked the VICTORY

Booking Number: *********

Contact Type: Already Booked

We're on the Victory the week of 12/5/10. Look for me on Tuesday that week. I'll have my " I was to be in Dominica today but instead all I got is this lousy T-shirt" on.

If you go, let them know, but have fun with it. No one wants a bunch of angry passengers on their ship with them. I know I don't!!!!

Thats funny, my wife and I are on that same cruise, you should make a few extra shirts.

Archived