Transportation Nuremberg to Dock and Budapest to Airport

JsJourneys

We are taking an AMA Danube cruise from Nuremberg to Budapest in Sep. Doing our own land portion so do not have transfers to/from riverboat. Does anyone know if taxi from Le Meridian in Nuremberg to dock is best/easiest...or if there is any other transportation? Same question on return from Budapest dock to airport? Are taxis readily available or are there airport shuttles or other service? Thanks to all you CC riverboat travelers!

if you take a taxi,,,be very sure he knows exactly where ships is docked...our papers were sort of vague,,like near so so bridge,near fire station,,,asked if he KNEW where,,,language problem didnt help,,but took forever to find,,,after he stopped many people,etc.....barely made it in time ,,then wanted more money for the long trip and time,etc....SO,,my advice is,,,get DETAILED instructions from ship,,,then ask hotel to write down in GERMAN for you...should have gotten better directions before,,,but learned my lesson....just a heads up,,so you start off better than we did.... enjoyed the trip,,,AFTER this mix up,hahaha......PS..used this procedure in Russia,etc...a godsend...:eek:

We took a taxi from the airport to our hotel overlooking the Danube in Budapest. Trip Advisor recommended Zona Taxi or City Taxi. One of the destination experts recommends a specific driver, Alajos Pulai. His email is pul31@freemail.hu or pulai31@gmail.com or alajos@bvr.hu. We made a reservation with him. He sent a substitute who spoke English fluently and told us about Budapest on the way to our hotel. He charges slightly more than the rate if you just walk up and order a taxi at the airport, but in my opinion it was worth it.

J's Journey, I am on Viking's Nuremberg to Budapest next June, and am dying to hear how your trip went! We are doing our own pre and post as well, and have yet to figure out where we'll stay etc etc. Would you email me at marilee.sharpe@shaw.ca when you have a minute on your return? Much appreciated! Anyone else with experience on this trip - would love to hear from you.

Archived