Just back from Serenade 8-22-10

MJN

Hi All,

We got out of San Juan just as Earl was nipping at our heels yesterday. Our AirTran flight left at 3:42, just as the storm was really starting to lash out at the San Juan area. Traffic on the way to the airport was incredible. We LOVE, LOVE, LOVED the Serenade. It is a beautiful ship with a fabulous crew. Everyone we encountered was great. We arrived at about 11:15am on Sunday and they opened the boarding up about 11:30, we were onboard shortly before noon. The ship is everything we have read about, sparkling clean and beautifully laid out. This was our first time on this class of ship. We had previously loved the Voyager class and Freedom class ships the best but this one ranks up there among our favorites. Dennis, the cruise director was hysterical and his staff is great too. We thought all of the entertainment was topnotch. Met Captain Michell a couple of times and really liked him too. We talked to him on Saturday afternoon and he filled us in on Earl approaching Puerto Rico. He said then that he knew the Serenade would be fine as they would be sailing south before the storm got to San Juan. He was not sure though how it would affect their ports for the week if they encountered damage from Earl. Have not yet heard how that went. I will go through all my papers and lay out all of our cruise later in the week when I have more time. I still have laundry to finish up and get ready for work in the morning. I will also post pictures, probably not till Sunday though after I get through my first week back to work. Just wanted to say our trip was great. Anyone with a cruise on Serenade is in for a treat!

Archived