belize rays catamaran cruises

funship fan

We went on a private reef tour with Belize Rays the week of Thanksgiving. What a wonderful time we had. The crew is wonderful and the boat is beautiful. We watched from our ship the Carnival Glory as the other boats came early that morning to pick up the passengers. None of the other boats that came to pick up people was as nice as this boat. Carnival and the other cruise lines should check this company out. We are glad that we did not prebook an excursion on the ship and rather went out on our own. We highly recommend them to the cruise ships. In fact, we are planning on a return visit again this coming Thanksgiving 2005.

We will be in Belize next month and this sounds good. Where did you go? How long was the tour? How much did it cost? What time did it leave? I have heard of this snorkel tour before, but there does not seem to be any way to reserve in advance. Thanks for any info you can supply...Carol

We are on the Dawn, western carib itinerary over thanksgiving 2005 as well. We are trying to decide who to use for this excursion. We were thinking belize rays.. if you book, maybe we'll see you on the trip!

T.

We were just in Belize last week with Carnival Glory. We used Belize Rays while we were there for a snorkeling excursion. It was quite a bit cheaper to do it on our own as opposed to booking through the ship. I would definetly recommend using Belize Rays. We had an amazing time with them. The crew was very friendly and very good at what they do. The whole excursion took about 3 1/2 hours. There's a short ride out in the catamaran (probably about 40 mins. I would say), where you arrive at a private beach. Anyone who does not wish to snorkel gets off the boat and stays on the beach, where they have kayacks that you can use, hammocks to lie in, mats to float on in the ocean, and a pay bar, coconuts, and food for you. Everyone who wishes to snorkel stays on the boat and you take an approxiametly 5 minute ride to your snorkelling destination. It is some of the best snorkelling I have ever seen. The crew stays with you the entire time, making sure everyone is safe and pointing out things for you to see. You snorkel for probably 30-40 minutes and then they take you to the beach for the remainder of your time. The price is $45 per person. The boat, the Angel Ray, is very clean. They have a pay bar on it, restroom facilites, and fresh water showers. The crew is extremely friendly and very informed. The private beach we went to was just paradise on earth. I highly, highly recommend this excursion. You can visit their website, www.belizerays.com to see pictures, tours, and to find out how to locate them.

• 7 months later...

Archived