Souvenir Map of the Cruise

dbcnwa

On my first NCL cruise a couple of years ago I purchased a map of our voyage on the Pearl, with the course plotted and signed by the captain. Last year on the POA they sold maps but the course was not plotted and not signed by the captain. I was wondering if anyone has purchased one from a recent cruise. With cutbacks at the beginning of the year, are these still available? Our next cruise is on the Jewel in October and I'm saving a spot to hang it up if I can get one. Thanks!

On my first NCL cruise a couple of years ago I purchased a map of our voyage on the Pearl, with the course plotted and signed by the captain. Last year on the POA they sold maps but the course was not plotted and not signed by the captain. I was wondering if anyone has purchased one from a recent cruise. With cutbacks at the beginning of the year, are these still available? Our next cruise is on the Jewel in October and I'm saving a spot to hang it up if I can get one. Thanks!

I was on P&O's Ventura last year and we got free Cruise Logs (A day to day record of your cruise) put in our cabin at the end of the cruise. A very nice touch by P&O.

I'm pretty sure they sold them on the Star last week. I know they gave one away at the Latitudes party.

Good question. Ask again in about 10 days and I'll let you know if we were able to get one from the Star. We have a couple from previous cruises and I'd like another one, if available.

I'll keep my fingers crossed. Enjoy your cruise!

I was on P&O's Ventura last year and we got free Cruise Logs (A day to day record of your cruise) put in our cabin at the end of the cruise. A very nice touch by P&O.

Sounds like a great idea. I wish NCL did that too.

I'm pretty sure they sold them on the Star last week. I know they gave one away at the Latitudes party.

Sounds encouraging. I'd love to win one at the Latitudes party. Thanks!

This map discussion brings to mind my very first cruise, which was on the Norway in 1987. At dinner the last night, the maitre d' came around (of course, it was the only time we'd seen him the whole cruise! LOL) and gave everyone a map of the route we'd taken. We packed it very carefully, and it came home with us totally unscathed.

Nearly as soon as we unpacked, my then-husband took the map to a framing store, where he proceeded to spend a couple of hundred dollars to have it framed. It came out just beautiful, and we kept it in our family room for years, where everyone who saw it commented on it.

That was the only cruise where we got a map. When we sailed on the Norway again 2 years later, they were no longer giving them out, and I've never gotten another on my subsequent cruises.

Archived