Freedom Review....A Little Late

PMGNJ04

Let me start by saying Thank you to everyone who posts on here. I looked at this site for almost 1 year waiting to go on this cruise and used so much of the information i gained from here. I hope this review is helpful to someone.

We were on Freedom August 22. We flew in to Orlando the day before and used Cocoa Beach Shuttle to get to the Residence Inn Cape Canaveral. The shuttle was ok, it was a shared van. The Residence Inn is really nice; Friendly staff, clean, good breakfast. It is also next door to a small store where you can buy soda, water, etc. Within walking distance is a restaurant called Kelsies Pizza. We had dinner there are were very satisified.

When we were checking in we got to meet some fellow Cruise Critic members that we became very friendly with all week. (Find at my feet). Hello to Michelle, Bob, Mary, and Kelsie if you are reading this.

On the morning of the cruise we were planning to take the shuttle from Residence Inn but after talking it over we decided to take a cab instead. we got to the pier on Royal Shuttle. Just us and our new friends. We got to the pier at about 10am checked in and were on the ship having lunch at about 11:30am. The Captain was Tor Issac Olsen and he just returned from vacation. August 22 was his first trip. He is very funny and does a great daily broadcast.

The ship is great, everyone was friendly and the entertainment was awsome. For the first time ever cruise director Graham Seymour orgainized a show on the Royal Promenade called Rock Britania. IT WAS AWSOME. A tribute to music from bands such as the beatles, the who, tom jones, etc. It was packed and a great time. The other music groups (Zig Zag, Harmony Duo, Pedro, Temperature Band) great performers. The Flowrider is not tobe missed.

As for the ports of call, I read many times that Ochio Rios was a dump. All I can say is that everyone that said that is 100% CORRECT. Every place else was nice. Had lunch at Carlos and Charlies in Cozumel, went to 7 Mile Beach.

I have all of the cruise compass papers, and will answer questions if I can.

I have a question about CBS. We used them last Sept and had no problem but just this month I have been reading nothing but bad about them. Late pick ups, not honoring prices and charging more, reliability issues. Did you have any problem with them? We have checked with travelynx and they are more expensive.

CBS was waiting when we got there. We had to wait for other people and then made 2 laps around the airport to pick up more passengers. The van was full. we paid $67.50 for 4 with 10% CC discount.

Travel Lynx has big buses and vans that I saw. I hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
Let me start by saying Thank you to everyone who posts on here. I looked at this site for almost 1 year waiting to go on this cruise and used so much of the information i gained from here. I hope this review is helpful to someone.

We were on Freedom August 22. We flew in to Orlando the day before and used Cocoa Beach Shuttle to get to the Residence Inn Cape Canaveral. The shuttle was ok, it was a shared van. The Residence Inn is really nice; Friendly staff, clean, good breakfast. It is also next door to a small store where you can buy soda, water, etc. Within walking distance is a restaurant called Kelsies Pizza. We had dinner there are were very satisified.

When we were checking in we got to meet some fellow Cruise Critic members that we became very friendly with all week. (Find at my feet). Hello to Michelle, Bob, Mary, and Kelsie if you are reading this.

On the morning of the cruise we were planning to take the shuttle from Residence Inn but after talking it over we decided to take a cab instead. we got to the pier on Royal Shuttle. Just us and our new friends. We got to the pier at about 10am checked in and were on the ship having lunch at about 11:30am. The Captain was Tor Issac Olsen and he just returned from vacation. August 22 was his first trip. He is very funny and does a great daily broadcast.

The ship is great, everyone was friendly and the entertainment was awesome. For the first time ever cruise director Graham Seymour orgainized a show on the Royal Promenade called Rock Britania. IT WAS AWSOME. A tribute to music from bands such as the beatles, the who, tom jones, etc. It was packed and a great time. The other music groups (Zig Zag, Harmony Duo, Pedro, Temperature Band) great performers. The Flowrider is not tobe missed.

As for the ports of call, I read many times that Ochio Rios was a dump. All I can say is that everyone that said that is 100% CORRECT. Every place else was nice. Had lunch at Carlos and Charlies in Cozumel, went to 7 Mile Beach.

I have all of the cruise compass papers, and will answer questions if I can.

Hi guys!!

I still have had no time to review the cruise lol Fussy day of school the day after we returned.

Was a fun cruise and met a lot of great people! The owners suite was awesome!! I love you Amit!! Your the best

Archived