Just Back from Carnival Ecstasy

sas80

Loved it!

We were sailing in an oceanview with an almost 2 and almost 4 year old. We had a great time. There are no signs anywhere prohibiting swimmers in the pools quite possibly because the pools are saltwater and they drain them every evening.

Anyways, had a great time. If you have questions, ask away :)

Sas, you know I love you. But I have to say, those signs have to be there. They are pretty inconspicuous but the rules of the pool are posted somewhere. ;) It doesn't have to do with salt water and draining the pool.

So you loved Carnival! Tell me about the babysitting! Were you able to get your youngest into the program?

I read the sign by the waterslides and it said nothing about non potty trained kids in the area/using the slides (Of course there were height limits for the bigger slides) and I didnt see any sign for the regular pool. I didnt look "hard" for it but we were at the pool, all around it, every day - I never saw a thing.

Assuming that the swim diaper thing is a constant, Carnival is failing in posting any info about that on the Ecstasy. I really figured that the fact that they drain the pools everyday (saltwater) must have something to do with the lack of any mention.

DS did not like camp carnival. He went for a few hours on day 2 but they called us and said he was standing by the window for the last hour talking about how we were on our way to pick him up "right now". They tried to distract him but he eventually went right back to the window - which is why the called.

From what I saw it was a great program. Every time they saw DS they would ask him when he was coming back. Every time we asked him if he wanted to go back he said nope. They were really sweet tho.

We had a great time and are considering canceling our RCCL 3 week Europe transatlantic cruise in favor of sailing the dream out of Galveston in late 2011 and in the spring/summer of 2012. That's how much fun we all had :)

Glad you enjoyed your cruise on Carnival!! Did you use any under 2 time with your DD? Our kids are about the same age. Sorry your DS didnt like it. My DD has a blast there but it took a good 2 years of trying each sailing before she would finally go.

Archived