What time are you off the ship??

KieransMom

Hi,

I'm arranging our transportation back to FLL after our cruise and was wondering what time I should arrange our pickup? It says that the Epic docks at 8:00am, but the ships always seem to be much earlier than that.

Thanks for any information.

Cheryl

Just got off yesterday. The ship docks well before dawn. They list the first disembarkation for 0730, and that's for people walking off with all their luggage. They announced that we were cleared by Customs circa 0725, and people started to get off immediately. They do closely watch the first group, and make sure only people with luggage are getting off. The next group called is at 0800, and that's for "independent travelers with early travel plans." We got off right at 0800, picked up our bags, cleared Customs, and were picked up by SAS very quickly. We made it to FLL Airport and were in line at JetBlue by 0850 -- and we were the last drop off at the airport. We were checked-in and through TSA by 0920. We were so early, we managed to get on stand-by for a 1045 departure.

You can get off the ship any time between 7:30 and 10:00 depending on what your plans are. You just pick the color baggage tags that correspond with your plans (although they recommend times by deck). Our flights were not until mid-afternoon so we had breakfast and then hung out on the ship until the CD basically said "everyone off!" :) Our bags were the only ones left, we went straight through customs and were at the curb with out stuff by 10:20

We got off yesterday - you can pick whatever time you want to disembark, the earliest are the walk offs at 7:30 a.m. We got off at 8:00 but BEWARE of MIAMI CUSTOMS !!! They kept us 45 minutes going through our luggage - what a pain they were. They randomly choose passengers to check. We only live 1 hour from the port so it didn't matter to us, but it would be a pain if you are catching a flight !!!!

Hi,

I'm arranging our transportation back to FLL after our cruise and was wondering what time I should arrange our pickup? It says that the Epic docks at 8:00am, but the ships always seem to be much earlier than that.

Thanks for any information.

Cheryl

I just returned from the Epic yesterday and we got back to Miami at 6 a.m. I believe you can get off as early as 7:30 a.m. NCL states on the Disembarkment Papers that everyone must be off by 9:00 a.m.

Archived