Hotel suggestion for night before cruise Fort Lauderdale

califmamabear

Sea Dog, nope but why spend twice the amount when I can stay a bit further out for a short stay, use to stay in FLL pre cruise as the price point has changed i have migrated a bit further out. But I also like to take vacations and am not one of these folks that say well I am on vacation there fore I have an unlimited resource for money. You have had good postings and found your response not in context with the way I had responded, as I stated it was my opinon had nothing to do with the spending of an individual.

I was trying to make a point and get you to see things from another prospective. Some people will pay more for a hotel to be near the water, take the water taxi or they just don't want to deal with a rental car.

Personally, I usually buy the cheapest inside cabin on the cheapest cruise line I can get because I'm usually only in the cabin to sleep, shower and changes clothes, so why spend twice the amount? That way I can take 3, 4 or even 5 cruises a year. What you save on a hotel pre-cruise by staying out in Plantation is peanuts compared to what you can save on the cruise which is multiplied times two people.

Just my opinion, though.

I too booked Hyatt North for $59 for two nights starting Dec 6. Has great reviews on the main international travel review website (can I mention it or not?) and has free airport/pier transfers and breakfast. I think parking is free as well, although I don't know about extended parking.

When looking at other websites where people post their hotel choices and costs Hyatt North was consistently priced at $59 regardless of their dates, maybe a big convention is going on around the date you were looking at?

I was trying to make a point and get you to see things from another prospective. Some people will pay more for a hotel to be near the water, take the water taxi or they just don't want to deal with a rental car.

Personally, I usually buy the cheapest inside cabin on the cheapest cruise line I can get because I'm usually only in the cabin to sleep, shower and changes clothes, so why spend twice the amount? That way I can take 3, 4 or even 5 cruises a year. What you save on a hotel pre-cruise by staying out in Plantation is peanuts compared to what you can save on the cruise which is multiplied times two people.

Just my opinion, though.

Sea Dog now this post is better and I understand your approach the first response was not as crisp and like you I just tossed out an opinion and we are both agree to save bit means to travel a bit more

Pete

I too booked Hyatt North for $59 for two nights starting Dec 6. Has great reviews on the main international travel review website (can I mention it or not?) and has free airport/pier transfers and breakfast. I think parking is free as well, although I don't know about extended parking.

When looking at other websites where people post their hotel choices and costs Hyatt North was consistently priced at $59 regardless of their dates, maybe a big convention is going on around the date you were looking at?

Hi, I would like to book this hotel as well. What website did you use? If you used priceline/hotwire, would you mind sharing your strategy?

Your son got a good deal through the hotel website. I just checked the Hilton for Feb 25/11 and the best price with breakfast was $289.

The Renaissance and the Hilton Marina are across the street from the pier on 17th St.

They have a breakfast option, we paid $99 per night at the Renaissance and walked to the pier on embarkation day in July for the Emerald.

My son stayed at the Hilton for $99 with breakfast included 3 weeks ago when he was on the Emerald.

These were booked directly through the hotels websites.

The Embassy Suites 17th St is 2 blocks from the pier.

Yep, just went to hotwire and asked for hotels in FLL and chose downtown/Los Olas area. Oh also 3 star. It came up with the selections and since I have seen many posts about others getting the Hyatt for $59 I held my breath and chose the only hotel that came up as $59. Thankfully I was right. Even if I was wrong I knew that we would only be at the hotel to sleep as we plan on spending pre-cruise day at Sawgrass Mills.

I was booking for Sat. 10/16/2010

On Hotwire the Hyatt Place FLL North was coming up $109 so that was a no-go.

I decided to do Priceline and ended up getting Hyatt Place South (only has a shuttle from airport to hotel) for $45 so not bad! The shuttle to the cruise port is supposed to run $8/person

Archived