Good reasons to go to Belize?

booboo0530

I have a question about the cave tubing excursion with Carnival. We are going to Belize in February. I really want to do the cave tubing, but I would like to know how physical the excursion is. They say on the Carnival website that you have to walk 30 minutes in the jungle to get to where it starts. I'm in my 50's and have some extra pounds and I would like to know just how exerting the excursion really is. I would not have any problem with walking 30 minutes, but not if the terrain is very uneven or uphill.

Any opinions would be welcome and much appreciated. Thanks!!

If you don't have a problem walking for 30 minutes you shouldn't have any issues. Most of the way is along the river with no real hills. Bring water and maybe a little snack which you can leave in your van, you'll be glad you did.

I have a question about the cave tubing excursion with Carnival. We are going to Belize in February. I really want to do the cave tubing, but I would like to know how physical the excursion is. They say on the Carnival website that you have to walk 30 minutes in the jungle to get to where it starts. I'm in my 50's and have some extra pounds and I would like to know just how exerting the excursion really is. I would not have any problem with walking 30 minutes, but not if the terrain is very uneven or uphill.

Any opinions would be welcome and much appreciated. Thanks!!

I'm 52 with some extra weight too - I didn't have any problem with the walk - make sure you have good shoes on though - we have great water shoes. We did the ATVs before so had to catch up to the rest of our group - no problem. We used cavetubing.com - they were awesome!

Archived