Dunn's River & Dolphin Experience

court1683

I have done Dunn's River many times love it. I have never done the Dolphin Encounter in Jamaica only in Cozumel. In Cozumel I have done 3 different types of Dolphin tours. Of the 3 one was the best & oddly enough the least expensive. We did it 2x in Xcaret Park too expensive & not enough interaction. Then the last time which was last year in Chankanaab National Park which was so much more interactive & even less expensive. We booked directly with them it was called Swim Adventure since that one is more interactive than the encounter. It covered the taxi to them which is 2 minute ride & the park entrance. We did the early one before the rush from the cruise tour buses & enjoyed the rest of our day in the park. Yummy restaurant there right on the beach. Almost forgot if you want a trusty driver for Jamaica we always use Courtney Taylor just email me if you need more info Have fun w/ whatever you do be safe!

I did both last month. The Dolphin Encounter was the Touch Encounter, not sure if that's the one you're referring to.

I enjoyed both DRF and Dolphin Cove very much. The only thing that annoyed us was that we bought the DVD of the encounter and it took forever for them to make it. I was getting nervous that we were going to get to DRF too late to climb. Then they finally made it and didn't know how to hook it up to the TV so that we could see it. It all worked out at the end and we got the DVD. They also made us hang around waiting for a while before the encounter. The encounter itself was great and my kids really enjoyed it, and I really enjoyed touching and kissing the dolphin myself. LOL

DRF was great. We had a wonderful guid and the video guy was great too. My daughter and I chickened out at the first exit and he kept trying to get us to come back in. Then when my husband and son were done, he personally hand delivered the DVD we ordered. Walking through the vendor area wasn't so bad, although I felt bad walking through there as fast as I could, knowing that they bother people. Only one old man shook my hand and tried to get me to come to his tent, but I said sorry, I'm in a hurry, and that was it. We stopped to get my son some jerk chicken, which he really enjoyed.

Archived