GoGo Babyz Travelmate

kfinfam

We are considering buying one of these so that we can bring our 11 mo old's carseat to get around in taxis, etc while in port....then we plan to use the Travelmate to stroll him around rather than bringing a separate stroller (because then what would you do with the carseat besides carry it on your back??!!:D)

Has anyone else used one of these in this manner? It appears they are mainly for strolling around the airport and I'm not sure how sturdy they are to stroll around town for hours. (By the way, we are still bringing a smaller umbrella stroller to use on the ship)

We only vacation once or twice a year....sure would be nice to know of a good used one that someone wanted to sell!! Making investments like this is nice for convenience's sake, but at the same time is hard knowing how few times you'll actually use the item :)

I can't help with information about the GoGo Babyz - we just went through the same decision process last week, and DH opted for the backpack carrier for the car seat and we will take our umbrella stroller too. I was concerned about the carseat (any my daughter!) being so low to the ground in the GoGo Babyz. DH also said he'd rather just carry the carseat when we fly, rather than pushing a stroller and the carseat through the airport and having to de-assemble both to get through security.

The reviews for the GoGo Babyz on Amazon were mostly very positive - it just wasn't the best choice for how we travel.

Such a hard choice isnt it?! JLsmith24, can you tell me about the backpack carrier your mentioned for your carseat?

We have concluced that no matter what we must travel with our carseat since we have an hour drive to and from port, and we hate to pay for rentals when they add up to about as much as you'd spend on a new carseat! So now, its just problem solving time to make having it a little more convenient.

I was able to get confirmation from a taxi service in Nassau that provides them so at least we wont have to lug it around that particular port day!

Thanks for the input :)

We are considering buying one of these so that we can bring our 11 mo old's carseat to get around in taxis, etc while in port....then we plan to use the Travelmate to stroll him around rather than bringing a separate stroller (because then what would you do with the carseat besides carry it on your back??!!:D)

Has anyone else used one of these in this manner? It appears they are mainly for strolling around the airport and I'm not sure how sturdy they are to stroll around town for hours. (By the way, we are still bringing a smaller umbrella stroller to use on the ship)

We only vacation once or twice a year....sure would be nice to know of a good used one that someone wanted to sell!! Making investments like this is nice for convenience's sake, but at the same time is hard knowing how few times you'll actually use the item :)

I have a gogo kidz travelmate and have used it only once about 2 years ago. I used it with our Britax carseat. I'm thinking of selling it on ebay. My DD is 3 now. We use a device called CARES for flying. It is FAA aproved and a lot easier to manage on a crowded airplane. We bring our folding Radian 80 car seat in its own carry bag and check it with our luggage. Most airlines do not charge to check a car seat. We use our stroller through the airport and gate-check it.

If we drive to the port, we would check the carseat through with our other luggage and use our stroller to board. I probably would not use the gogo travelmate as a stroller in port. It would be too cumbersome. You cannot properly install the carseat without removing the wheels. They do not come off very easily. It would waste a lot of time trying to get the seat installed.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Such a hard choice isnt it?! JLsmith24, can you tell me about the backpack carrier your mentioned for your carseat?

We have concluced that no matter what we must travel with our carseat since we have an hour drive to and from port, and we hate to pay for rentals when they add up to about as much as you'd spend on a new carseat! So now, its just problem solving time to make having it a little more convenient.

I was able to get confirmation from a taxi service in Nassau that provides them so at least we wont have to lug it around that particular port day!

Thanks for the input :)

We just got the JL Childress car seat backpack from Amazon (not sure if I'm allowed to post the link). The reviews were great (4.5 stars) and my husband really wanted a backpack. Personally, I think he is crazy for wanting to strap the Britax carseat to his back, but he offered!! It arrived yesterday and I haven't put the seat in it yet to make sure it fits, but the packaging lists Britax so hopefully it will be OK.

For our upcoming cruise, we are driving to the port and will pack the car seat in the backpack to board the ship when we get there and then use it to take the seat off the ship for ports where we have an excursion booked. He felt it would be much easier to have it in a backpack with his hands free than to have to actually carry it because it is so awkward to carry. We also have another trip planned soon and he will use this to carry the car seat through the airport and onto the plane (we purchased a seat for my daughter).

We are planning on taking the umbrella stroller on the cruise because the big stroller takes up so much space in the car and I need that space for luggage. For the plane trip, we will take the big stroller.

Sounds like you've got a good plan! I'm going to look into that backpack, thank you :)

Just one tip you might consider, as you mentioned your husband will carry the carseat onto the ship in the backpack.....if you put a luggage tag on it when you drop off your other suitcases they will carry it to your room for you so you'll be more free once you board the ship!!

Good luck with your future trips!

Archived