The Norwegian Crown- miss her!

cowgirlamy

I sailed her around Cape Horn -- in a horrific sea storm. What a nice little ship even though our owners suite balcony blew into our room and the ceiling tiles crashed onto our bed! Oh what a storm! Never got to see the Horn. Got there at 9 pm. The storm hit outside of the Falklands and got progressively worse. I really enjoyed the Crown.

I sailed her around Cape Horn -- in a horrific sea storm. What a nice little ship even though our owners suite balcony blew into our room and the ceiling tiles crashed onto our bed! Oh what a storm! Never got to see the Horn. Got there at 9 pm. The storm hit outside of the Falklands and got progressively worse. I really enjoyed the Crown.

She was a nice little ship, wasn't she? She was small but she still felt big to me. Really got to know the passengers well. Apparently she was refitted and is now 1/3 larger than before. Still fairly small by todays standards though.

What we liked best about the Crown was she was one of the few ships that could still dock in Bermuda at Hamilton & St. George. This allowed us an extra day in Bermuda, one less sea day and not having to dock at out of the way King's Wharf. One year we did back to back cruises to Bermuda on the Crown and the Azamara Journey. They docked backed to back in Hamilton. Unfortunately, neither ship goes to Bermuda anymore.

What we liked best about this nice ship was she was one of the few ships that could still dock in Bermuda at Hamilton & St. George. This allowed us an extra day in Bermuda, one less sea day and not having to dock at out of the way King's Wharf.

We docked in all 3 ports in 2005. Stayed overnight in Hamilton. 2 sea days. Wonderful cruise!

Great memories of the Crown! We sailed her in Sept. '98. Enjoyed all the comforts of an Owners suite. Meet special friends on that trip, we still keep contact. They were young honeymooners...we were not...LOL, but we became fast friends!! We were celebrating on overdo anniversary.

If Michele is reading this...Cheers....can I say "Aquavit"!! :D

Hey..Happy Anniversary you guys!!

Great memories of the Crown! We sailed her in Sept. '98. Enjoyed all the comforts of an Owners suite. Meet special friends on that trip, we still keep contact. They were young honeymooners...we were not...LOL, but we became fast friends!! We were celebrating on overdo anniversary.

If Michele is reading this...Cheers....can I say "Aquavit"!! :D

Great story! That is what I love about smaller ships- you tend to meet and get to know great people really well! I lost Brandon's information after we disembarked and I haven't been able to find him since. However, I still keep in contact with many people I met on that cruise.

Got to love that Titanic cruise... I had checked it out but it was way too expensive for me. Here's hoping that one day (minus class structure) that cruising returns to elegance and formalities such as those. It's great that these newer ships have all the bells and whistles (ice skating rinks, rock climbing walls etc) but a return to that era would be fun. :)

Can't speak for the Crown as I never sailed on her. She left the fleet before I returned to NCL. :(

Got to love that Titanic cruise... I had checked it out but it was way too expensive for me. Here's hoping that one day (minus class structure) that cruising returns to elegance and formalities such as those. It's great that these newer ships have all the bells and whistles (ice skating rinks, rock climbing walls etc) but a return to that era would be fun. :)

Can't speak for the Crown as I never sailed on her. She left the fleet before I returned to NCL. :(

I would love to do the Titanic cruise as well. Yes it is expensive but worth it if I could get the time off. I bet it is going to be spectacular. I can only imagine what they will do on that cruise.

You would have loved the Crown. I am glad she found a home and is now going to make history!

I enjoyed being on the Crown for 12 nights on a British Isles cruise in 1997. At that time she seemed big to me, because the previous cruise was on Southward in 1993 which was my first cruise.

The indoor pool and whirlpool on the lower deck was a favorrite spot of mine.

I enjoyed being on the Crown for 12 nights on a British Isles cruise in 1997. At that time she seemed big to me, because the previous cruise was on Southward in 1993 which was my first cruise.

The indoor pool and whirlpool on the lower deck was a favorrite spot of mine.

I know I was use to smaller ships, thought this one was big. haha now these size ships are tiny! I kinda like the smaller ships myself.

Loved it! Our cabin had a lot of wood in it and felt like a large Yacht. We were on the last voyage and some crew were very happy, going on to Hawaii and some were sour. (Going nowhere?) We got to watch them take down all the pictures, box up and inventory everything else Sad:(

Now she is the Balmoral and will be doing the Titanic cruise! How awesome. I went on the Crown in the summer of 2005 to Bermuda. Such a great ship! Met some wonderful people on board ( Brandon!).

I sailed her to Bermuda that same summer. Loved her! In fact, that's the cruise that got us hooked.

The Crown has a special place in my heart because it is the only NCL ship on which I was lucky enough to sail twice.

First time was around the horn, with the Antartica excursion to highlight the excitement. What fun to see my first live penguins in the wild on the Falklands, or the giant elephant seals in Patagonia. And how I loved the South American trio in the lounge by the internet cafe. They were superb.

Second trip was to Bermuda. I mentioned a bridge visit to the concierge, and by and by an invitation came for noon on a Friday. I called and said aren't we leaving then? Sure enough, it was just my fiance and myself as guests on the bridge for the departure.

When the harbor pilot finally was put aboard his boat to leave, the captain told my fiance to pull the metal handle on the flying bridge three times, and we were both surprised and astonished to hear the ship's whistle blow.

Tough act to follow.

DH's first cruise was in 2005 on the Crown to Bermuda... I miss the small ships!!

Glad to hear others who went around the same time I did. If I ever found someone on here who was on the same cruise I would probably remember them because it seems I met everyone on that cruise more than once.

Then there was Brandon...bestill my heart. Love on the crown but lost his info!

The Crown has a special place in my heart because it is the only NCL ship on which I was lucky enough to sail twice.

First time was around the horn, with the Antartica excursion to highlight the excitement. What fun to see my first live penguins in the wild on the Falklands, or the giant elephant seals in Patagonia. And how I loved the South American trio in the lounge by the internet cafe. They were superb.

Second trip was to Bermuda. I mentioned a bridge visit to the concierge, and by and by an invitation came for noon on a Friday. I called and said aren't we leaving then? Sure enough, it was just my fiance and myself as guests on the bridge for the departure.

When the harbor pilot finally was put aboard his boat to leave, the captain told my fiance to pull the metal handle on the flying bridge three times, and we were both surprised and astonished to hear the ship's whistle blow.

Tough act to follow.

Great story. You should try the Titanic cruise as the ship doing the cruise, the Balmoral, is the old Crown! :)

Now she is the Balmoral and will be doing the Titanic cruise! How awesome. I went on the Crown in the summer of 2005 to Bermuda. Such a great ship! Met some wonderful people on board ( Brandon!).

we sailed on the crown from ny to bermuda and i loved the small ship feel.

What's so great about all the bells and whistles?This is the kind of garbage I'm trying to get away from.Now the cruise lines bring it with us. NCL Crown Repo Oct.2005

Loved it! Our cabin had a lot of wood in it and felt like a large Yacht. We were on the last voyage and some crew were very happy, going on to Hawaii and some were sour. (Going nowhere?) We got to watch them take down all the pictures, box up and inventory everything else Sad:(

Oh My Gosh, WE LOVED THAT SHIP......!!! sHa_thumbsup.gif

We were on the 2nd to last cruise of the Crown.

We cruised with a group of friends down to Bermuda and had a TRULY, WONDERFULL, HAPPY, MEMORABLE TIME.....!!! party-smiley-551.gif

It was like cruising on your very own private yacht.....!!! cruising.gif

My DH and I had an "Owners Suite". Now THAT WAS CABIN.....!!! LOVED the walk-in closet!! LOVED the spaciousness of the living/dining area and that deck was FANTASTIC.....!!! sHa_thumbsup.gifsHa_thumbsup.gif

So did we and the same year also. icon14.gif

It was great to be able to go to all three Bermudian ports. Enjoyed the Crown very much!

Archived