Goff's Caye

dlourens

Is there any way to get to Goff's Caye other than through the cruise line? We're on RCI Splendour of the Seas in March, and I don't see an excursion that goes to Goff's. Have not been able to find any private companies that go there - have only seen excursions through Carnival. Have heard good things about Goff's and wanted to try that. Any suggestions?

There is an old thread for Goff's Caye that a RCCL cruiser posted some great photos. Not sure if it was through the ship or an independent. I believe that an independent used to go to Goff's but no longer does. Just do a search on Goff's Caye and look for the link for the photos. I think the original poster was the RCCL cruiser.

Guest Time2gocruzn

I found an old link here to www.belizecruiseexcursions.com. I was all ready to book with them and when I contacted them they said they no longer offer this tour as they have a smaller boat and there were too many complaints about the ride being too long and too rough.

I really wanted to go to Goff's and I couldn't find anyone else who went there, anyone that I could get feedback/reviews about anyway. I wasn't willing to risk it on someone nobody had heard of or waiting till I got to the peir. Hate to use the ships tours but on this one I did since I couldn't find any better options.

I did consider other Cayes, like rendezvous(sp?) but I heard there was a stronger current there, and we are traveling with small kids. GL!!

I'm quite sure there is an independent tour that still goes to Goff's Caye. Just try doing a search on the Belize port of call board (this one) and you'll come up with tons of Goff's Caye threads. You'll have to of course, read through them to find someone not associated with the cruise line. Good luck! We booked our Goff's Caye tour through the ship early since I was concerned that it would sell out early.

I just contacted Belize Rays and they said they do not go to Goff's Caye any more because of the cost. The govt decided it was overcrowded and designated it as a park. They now charge $10 admission fee so it makes tours more expensive.

Archived