Weather in October???

NikNac

I will be in cruising to Cozumel the first week of October. I keep checking the weather everyday to see an average temperature but not sure if anyone would know what the temps are during the first week of October normally? Or if anyone has any good ideas or helpful hints as to what I can do for fun while there with my 7 year old son? Thanks so much in advance, super excited I am!!!!!

I went with my family about two years ago in October and I think it got up into the 90's in the afternoon. It was just like the middle of summer is here in southern IL. My family went to Playa Uvas on a trip I planned myself (not through the cruise line). Our youngest was 13 at the time. We did the guided shore snorkeling and drinks, lunch and use of the facilities were included. That may be too much swimming for your little one. My step-son loved the virgin mango daqrui. I think he drank about five of them. Instead of snorkeling I think you may be able to go on a clear kayak tour which might be easier for him. I don't remember the age limits for the tours, but you can find them online. Everyone there was helpful and nice. (I got a massage too.)

I would think that the glass bottom boat tour that also stops for snorkeling would be fun. If he gets tired or snorkeling doesn't work out, at least you'd be able to see through the boat.

Of course there are some beach clubs with all of the toys that would be good too. I think it's Paradise Beach that has the climibing iceberg and a trampoline out in the water. I think you can get a day pass to use those tous.

HOT!!! HUMID!!!

at least expect afternoon showers...this is the tropics in hurricane season

my advice to those sailing in October is don't get your heart set on any particular port...hurricanes and tropical storms can change everything

Safety first.

I leave soon for a week long celebration of the anniversery of my 50th birthday and divorce....:cool:

Yeah I was looking into the Paradise Beach with all the activities for climbing and such, seemed like something more geered towards my sons age and something fun for him to do in the water. How far is this from the port? It says approx 5 miles? I assume this is correct. I am glad it will still be warm because here in ny it is already very chilly, cannot wait to be warm again in 3 weeks, yay!! Also read into the fact that Oct is hurricane season, crossing my fingers they stay clear of my vacation, lol. Congrads on your anniversary too. Have fun!!! I can deal with high 80's to 90's for sure, and I'm going to look into the glass bottom boats as well thanks for the help :)

Archived