Looking for a funky bar with good music in Nassau

pennielz

We are looking for a funky bar with good music in Nassau to spend an afternoon. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Not much going on with music, especially in the afternoon.

Iguanas Cafe has a local singer/guitarist that plays during the day on the veranda. They are located upstairs in the Prince George Plaza.

The veranda overlooks bay street. They have a nice bar and good food.

Other than that.. Senor Frogs is the only place with music during the day.. and that's just canned.. not a DJ or band. Of course, Senor Frogs is just a party spot for cruisers. No cultural feel at all.

Thanks! We're familiar with Senior Frongs and that's not what we are looking for. We are looking for a place to hang with a cultural feel. We've done all the tourist things and not really wanting to shop either. If you have any ideas, I would love to hear them.

Thanks!

Thanks! We're familiar with Senior Frongs and that's not what we are looking for. We are looking for a place to hang with a cultural feel. We've done all the tourist things and not really wanting to shop either. If you have any ideas, I would love to hear them.

Thanks!

I've been looking and asking for the same thing, hang in there someone will come up with something.

I'm willing to do a private tour ( 4 of us ) and be taken to a local hangout/bar/?? . Haven't heard back from my first inquiry.

Scubagirl, do you know of someone that can take us somewhere safe to get away from the usual?

Glen

I've been looking and asking for the same thing, hang in there someone will come up with something.

I'm willing to do a private tour ( 4 of us ) and be taken to a local hangout/bar/?? . Haven't heard back from my first inquiry.

Scubagirl, do you know of someone that can take us somewhere safe to get away from the usual?

Glen

Noone is "hanging out" mid day. Most are at work.

In the evening, the fish fry at Arawak Cay is where they congregate for dinner and a little music, but mainly on weekends.

Maybe you can convince a taxi driver to take you out to Rudy's on Cow Pen Road. Good local food, a bar with some locals and usually a politician or two. It's a hole in the wall. Don't be shocked when you have to get buzzed in.... and there's a security guy at the door at midday.

Maybe Nesbitts for a drink.. same thing.. a hole in the wall. It's located on west Bay Street on the way to the airport.

You can have a drink outside and watch the waves break across the street if there' not too much traffic.

As for safe hangouts.. let me tell you that we don't even go out after work anymore except in the tourist areas.. there's too many shootings, stabbing and all kinds of drama.

Check out the Green Parrot after work (www.greenparrotbar.com) there's one on Paradise Island at the Hurricane Hole Marina, and another next to Lucianos. HHMarina has more local flavor.

Archived