Advise Needed On Alaskan Cruise On Spirit In June

CabinBoy

I'm looking at booking an Alaskan cruise on the Spirit for the first part of June this year. Does anyone have any advice? Inside Passage, Outside Passage, Northbound, Southbound, Excursions, Cabin Choice?

I'm open to any advice pertaining to this cruise. I've never been on an Alaskan Cruise before, but have been on several other cruises to the Carribean.

Thanks in advance!!!

cabinboy

you have made a great choice in alaska and the spirit. it is a wonderful ship and a beautiful and nature-filled cruise. it does three routes==the roundtrip inside passage to glacier bay, or the south bound and northbound cruises. each trip goes to either glacier or hubbard bay. i love the round trip from vancouver but would love to do the southbound next so i can visit denali park and spend time there before boarding the ship and going to vancouver. if you do the northbound cruise you will want to be on the starboard side ( the right side of the ship facing forward ) so you can see the landscape on the way. if you go southbound you will want to be on the port or left side of the ship for the land veiws. i like to be in the middle of the ship closer to the water so i dont feel the motion as much. but many others prefer the forward or very back of the ship. it depends on if you think you will get sea-sick or not in the open water. as far as tours go--i would not go to alaska without booking a whale tour either with the ship or with a private tour co. capt larry at www.orcaenterprise.com is the most popular one in junea. ketchikan is famous for the totom poles, fjord plane trips and kayaking. skagway has the train, white pass mountain tours and gold panning. the best thing to do is to go to the alaska thread here and get more info and tips. it all depends on what you are interested in doing for tours, what route sounds the most fun for you and where you want to start and end the cruise. no matter what, you are going to have a wonderful time and will love the nature, beauty and history of alaska. have a wonderful time. i know others here will be able to give you more helpful info also.

Archived